Geo Filter with modern warfare/warzone

Alan

Hello,

I have a Netduma R2 router. So I live in Wisconsin and when I run a ping heatmap for modern warfare/warzone servers the two best servers I ping to are in Washington and Oklahoma. I would like to only connect to those two servers. The Oklahoma server is a cluster  which I'm not sure if I use polygon mode on this server if it will connect to the rest of those servers in the cluster which are very bad ping. So in Geo Filter should I still place my home location on Wisconsin and set a small radius even though Washington and Oklahoma are a pretty good distance away? Or should I just use polygon mode and draw a square around the two servers I want to always connect to?

Thank you

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There is the possibility that you will be put on one of the worse ping servers within that cluster, there is no way to differentiate between the servers in a cluster currently. Perhaps draw the Polygon on the Washington server instead so you always get a good ping. They may be mislocated which is why they're lower ping than you expect for that distance.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There is the possibility that you will be put on one of the worse ping servers within that cluster, there is no way to differentiate between the servers in a cluster currently. Perhaps draw the Polygon on the Washington server instead so you always get a good ping. They may be mislocated which is why they're lower ping than you expect for that distance.

Ok that sounds good. Would I even need to place a radius around my location if I am just going to draw the Polygon around the Washington server? Also when I am in a match will Geo filter show me a more accurate location on where that server is I'm connected to?

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Alan said:

Ok that sounds good. Would I even need to place a radius around my location if I am just going to draw the Polygon around the Washington server? Also when I am in a match will Geo filter show me a more accurate location on where that server is I'm connected to?

No you don't need to do that. Servers will stay in the same located until we update it via the cloud so just by connecting to it won't adjust its location.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No you don't need to do that. Servers will stay in the same located until we update it via the cloud so just by connecting to it won't adjust its location.

Thank you for your help. One last thing.. For traffic prio should I add my xbox and put 1-65535 UDP/TCP both source and destination or just only keep DumaOS classified enabled?

• Administrators
58 minutes ago, Alan said:

Thank you for your help. One last thing.. For traffic prio should I add my xbox and put 1-65535 UDP/TCP both source and destination or just only keep DumaOS classified enabled?

No I wouldn't suggest doing that, if you did a download on the console then it would affect all the other devices. Use DumaOS Classified Games and it will only prioritize the gaming packets that are required.