issue after issue....

DpMario11

Im going to copy paste some bits from email exchange to provide context

At this point i was going to return it but i was informed that a firmware update was coing soon that woud drastically fix many issues as well as the worst wifi coverage i have ever seen. Literally. A china brand wall plug wifi repeater from twice the distance away, round the corner of a brick chimney was coming up with an available wifi connection more then the r2

After greatly anticipating the arrival of this router with hopes that it improve the wifi throughout the home was greatly disappointing. I am in Australia, using optus as the ISP. The provided modem/router provided by them I is not the greatest wifi signal. The netduma r2 is severely worse.
The room that contains my xbox, PlayStation, nvidia shield, and computer manage to get a choppy 28mbps to 54mbps connection.This room is directly down a hallway, merely 5 meters away. I cannot believe it.

If there is some sort of setting to change please do let me know, I have tried using different channels already.

I provided screenshots of speed analysis and wifi coverage strength test conducted, so no need to post them on here you guys have them already.

So after a brief email exchange I said for the time being then ill just go get a cheap wifi mesh system to use to have the r2 sdo its thing and let the mesh do the wifi.

So I got a cheap mesh system by mercusys halo s12.
After racking my brain why my xbox would keep showing strict nat, double nat detected it took me a while to realise that the mesh system was providing a dhcp aswell. This cheap ass system does not have a wireless ap mode. I had tried to turn the dhcp off in it, but then it just stopped working and was showing no internet wifi connection. I had assigned static ips, tried a dmz nothing would work.

So my bandaid solution was ' use an old tp link 2.4ghz router as a wireless ap and connect my consoles by lan cable from it. as it is copying the mac address from the r2 i dont end up with a double nat. for wifi, where the nat isnt stopping me from just surfing the net the mesh is being used.

Today i sent another email asking for remote assistance and was instructed to post here...even though all relevant information was in the email thread.
Excerpt from latest emails for context

Can I please get some remote support.
If possible asap, I think it may still be work day where you guys are? 

I have been getting absolutely terrible experience from this product. The net keeps dropping out, my ping has increased tremendously. My games have become completely choppy and players glitching out everywhere. 
I need this asap today as tomorrow I have a qtr final e sports competition for the Logitech McLaren g challenge and how it is now, it's terrible. I had purchased a wifi mesh but this posed its own problems as this cheap one can't just act as a wireless Ap and wants to assign dhcp. 
If I disable dhcp on the netduma, I loose internet connectivity aswell as lan and had to totally reboot. 

It has been an extremely frustrating experience so far, which has cost me upwards of $350 at this point and frustration, late nights and headaches 

Following on

I'll do that, but I was hoping for some immediate remote assist as this esports race is in less than 24 hours...

Any novice and and somewhat advance level of compentcy trouble shooting I have tried. 
The reason I thought to turn off dhcp is that the mesh system I have works in a router + 2 satellite configuration. Turning dhcp on that (with the lan cable from the r2 plugged into the mesh router acts as the wan connection but it's either double Nat and somewhat works, or turn dhcp off on the mesh and that stops working. Which I had to purchase because the r2 wifi range and speed is so extremely poor, that an old china wifi wall plug repeater shows a strong connection from twice the distance away..

I have produced a high end graphical representation of the home network in a picture for you guys. It is done in the one and only, paint.

image.thumb.png.87c843d79c2dc3d7e5cf7d987f2f178b.png

• Administrators

There will be a new firmware next week, meanwhile I have sent you a firmware in a PM that I think will help with some of your issues so please try that. If you still experience the issues change DHCP lease hours to 168 and let us know what your Geo-Filter & QoS settings are.