All the help I can get

Jonnynut

Hey what's up guy's this might be random lol but I was looking to see if anyone that knows what they're doing with the Netduma r2 willing to link up and help walk me through my router to get the best performance out of it I'm willing to compensate a nice little tip that I can send &you through cash app, pay pal, venmo ect. So hopefully there's someone out there willing to help thank you in advance 

I'm just trying to get the best settings for gaming call of duty cause it's horrible feels like it takes 30 bullets to kill someone and 2 bullets to kill me but when I watch the kill cam it shows that I was hit by a few bullets my reaction times are slower I feel like I'm behind my opponents by milliseconds I cant run and gun and get into fights around corners I lost most of them but there's days or times of the day when my connection is running good and I can feel the difference instantly my UP/DL numbers are ok when I benchmark test them through router but when I test through anything else there's a big discrepancy and no matter what settings I change I always get the same grades ( speed ) D,  ( ping) A+, ( forgot what last one is but it's ) A sometimes B, I can never get the first one speed better than D but mostly what I want to figure out is the QOS, and the GEO FILTER sorry for the long message but I like to try to explain everything 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

No tips needed! What are the issues/concerns you're having? We would be happy to help, you get complimentary support from us so might as well use it!

now would you guy's do a live call over the phone to walk me through cause that's what I would do with all the other routers I had to get the best settings 

• Administrators

Please provide some screenshots of your Connection Benchmark results, QoS page & Geo-Filter page when you're in a game. What ping are you getting as shown by the Geo-Filter and what does it show in game?

45 minutes ago, Jonnynut said:

now would you guy's do a live call over the phone to walk me through cause that's what I would do with all the other routers I had to get the best settings 

We can't do that as we're a small team but if you provide the info above we'll try and advise more.

• Administrators

Thanks for this. Got a few things we can potentially look into here. Firstly, you haven't added your gaming device to the Geo-Filter so you won't be forcing the closest servers, you'll just be getting whatever the game decides so make sure you add that and put Ping Assist to 0 so you consistently force the one within your radius. Your Connection Benchmark ping under load test isn't great. Use Always for Congestion Control, change the percentage, then do another test and see if you can get it closer to the Ping Test in the second box. Keep trying different percentages both above and below what you have now, do a test each time. What are your Traffic Prioritization settings on QoS?

Nice thanks man so I'm going to try to go one step by one so I don't mess anything up so the first part with the geo filter when I choose my device it gives you a pop up asking you to select an option to either recommend a mode for my game or choose manually which one should I choose 

20200919_155349.jpg

Ok so I did that and now it's in filtering mode is that correct so what was the 2nd thing you recommend something about the QOS or traffic prioritization if we can do one thing at a time so I don't get confused lol I'm going to send a screenshot of what I just did with the geo filter and then I'm going to send screenshots of my settings on the QOS and the traffic prioritization and you can recommend what I can do from there and thank you so much I really appreciate you taking your time and being patient with me cause I'm lost when it comes to this so I'm going to send you a little something 💲 when we're done

20200920_131155.jpg

• Administrators

Not a problem! No need to a tip as you have complimentary support, all part of my job!

For Traffic Prioritization I would enable the DumaOS Classified Games option, that will help eliminate jitter and spikes when gaming. Then Use Always for Congestion Control, change the percentage, then do a Connection Benchmark test and see if you can get your Ping Under Load test results closer to the Ping Test results in the second box. Keep trying different percentages both above and below what you have now, do a test each time. When you find a percentage that gives you the best results then stick with that.

Ok I turned congestion control to always and after I enable traffic prioritization do I also need to add a device also and when I select the device the next this it asks me to do is select what I'm going to be using on it like Hulu, apex legends, Amazon prime, ESPN+ Ect. Ect. You get what I'm trying to say well what I'm using it for is call of duty modern warfare but it don't have it as an option so what would I do

20200920_151940.jpg

Ok and the other thing you recommend was to play with the percentages and get my ping under load test results closer to my ping results in the 2nd box  the thing with that what are good numbers or what's close mean cause I really don't know how the numbers work or what numbers are good or bad these were the 1st 2 tests I did after I changed all the settings still haven't played with percentages just wanted to show you and see what you said 

20200920_150241.jpg

20200920_151214.jpg

16/17* so them are my last 2 benchmark test I sent where am I where do I want to be and what numbers am I looking at ? Cause you said ping up load and ping so if you can please explain it a little more in layman's terms 😆 that way my dumb ass can comprehend 😆 

11 hours ago, Jonnynut said:

16/17* so them are my last 2 benchmark test I sent where am I where do I want to be and what numbers am I looking at ? Cause you said ping up load and ping so if you can please explain it a little more in layman's terms 😆 that way my dumb ass can comprehend 😆 

Try this, go to Qos and where the sliding bars are, check where it says always, then set the download slider bar to 50% and the upload bar to 15%, then do a new test and upload the results please.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Jonnynut said:

There are 3 panels in Benchmark - Speed Test, Ping Test, Ping Test (Under Load) you want to get the values of Ping Under Load as close to the standard Ping test as possible and you do that by changing the percentages until you find one that gets the closest to the values.

• Administrators

I think that is actually worse than before. Leave the download percentage where it is as that is pretty good. Now just focus on the download percentage, see if you can get rid of that initial spike and lower the ping for it. Try all the way from 100%, go in 10% increments and do a test. When you get to a percentage that looks good, try 5% either side of that.