Netduma R2 Geo-Filter issues

Avalon2099

Hi there! 

Received the product today, first time ever using this and working through the user manual (very helpful and easy to understand).

I play Call of Duty Modern Warfare on my PC and have set up the router and connected it to my ISP and have gone into the dumaos/ and set all that preliminary stuff up.

However, I think I am stuck on the Geo-Filter and having some trouble getting it to work as intended, in the User Manual, it shows server locations and such for areas with which you have selected using the polygon tool, however in my UI its showing nothing, I have attached 2 screenshots showing as such.

I read in another thread to remove the device in the Geo-Filter map and flush cloud, then go into Device Manager and change the Device type from PC to Playstation this has also not worked. 

Please help :)

321325851_DumaR2GeoIssues1.thumb.png.54083538d689505f60ea7c26b0c653ab.png1352856306_DumaR2GeoIssues2.thumb.png.9b89e8be2967eea17ef77d5020f620cb.png

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Looks like you have set up correctly which is great. You will only see icons on the Geo-Filter when you actually search for a game, have you done this?

Hi there I have done this and its working, now im having a different issue. I use Transmission for my bit torrents and the download speed is incredibly slow compared to before I set up the router, is there a function or setting I need to tweak to allow faster speeds?

Also my media center PS4 is wired directly to ISP modem and when it tries to access my main computers Plex Media server, it cant seem to connect? My main computer is connected to the R2.

• Administrators
16 hours ago, Avalon2099 said:

Hi there I have done this and its working, now im having a different issue. I use Transmission for my bit torrents and the download speed is incredibly slow compared to before I set up the router, is there a function or setting I need to tweak to allow faster speeds?

Also my media center PS4 is wired directly to ISP modem and when it tries to access my main computers Plex Media server, it cant seem to connect? My main computer is connected to the R2.

As your PC is connected to the Geo-Filter and Transmission will use very high port numbers I would suggest you change the Transmission port to 1023 and see if that speeds it up.

As the PS4 is ahead of the PC it can't actually see any devices downstream so would recommend you connect it to the R2 and it will work. You would have this problem with any router due to the way you have it setup currently.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

As your PC is connected to the Geo-Filter and Transmission will use very high port numbers I would suggest you change the Transmission port to 1023 and see if that speeds it up.

As the PS4 is ahead of the PC it can't actually see any devices downstream so would recommend you connect it to the R2 and it will work. You would have this problem with any router due to the way you have it setup currently.

Tried that port and its saying its closed, tried a bunch of ports around that number and still saying closed (per the Transmission app)

Connected the TV PS4 hardwired into the R2 instead of the ISP modem, Plex server still not accessible by any device other than PC that houses the server. I also tried setting my Shaw Technicolor ISP modem into bridge mode, but that just disconnected the ISP and no internet was coming through at that point. Ive also disabled the Wifi that comes with the ISP modem and am only using the R2 for wired and wifi connections now.  

I apologize as I am not very well versed in Networking setup and for the questions and I know your time is limited as your very busy, I appreciate any help you give :)

• Administrators

If you disable the Geo-Filter I assume Transmission will work?

Are they all connected via the same method i.e. via ethernet, 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Sometimes with devices that run in that way they require you to be connected the exact same way, doesn't make sense but try that.

Not to worry at all, we'll try and get this resolved!

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you disable the Geo-Filter I assume Transmission will work?

Are they all connected via the same method i.e. via ethernet, 2.4GHz or 5GHz? Sometimes with devices that run in that way they require you to be connected the exact same way, doesn't make sense but try that.

Not to worry at all, we'll try and get this resolved!

Transmission was working before I added the R2 with good download speeds, its still working after ive added the R2, but download speeds are pretty much capped at 5mb/s (not super slow by any means but much slower than it was before)

When disabling Geo-filter, speed does not increase or decrease, works with Geo-filter on in Filtering mode or off. 

As you can see on the Network map, I have my 2.4 and 5ghz Wifi enabled, and my phones are on the 5 and my wireless printer and smart watch is on the 2.4, the R2 is the only device directly connected to the ISP Modem and the only wired devices connected to the R2 are my PC (plex server), Ps4 Pro (main gaming console) and my PS4 (Tv media center - the one I want to connect to the Plex) it was connecting just fine before I added the R2, whether Wireless or Wired.  

NetdumaR2Networkmap.png

• Administrators

What speeds do you pay for/expect? What has been your download rate with Transmission previously (given there are enough seeds)? Disale uTp on Transmission if it has the option and see if it performs better then please. Are you using Mirror mode for WiFi or have you disabled that and connecting to them individually?

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What speeds do you pay for/expect? What has been your download rate with Transmission previously (given there are enough seeds)? Disale uTp on Transmission if it has the option and see if it performs better then please. Are you using Mirror mode for WiFi or have you disabled that and connecting to them individually?

ISP is Shaw Cable - Pay/Expect 600 MB Down - 20 MB Upload

D/L rate for Transmission pre-R2 was roughly 15-20 MB/s given enough seeds.

Disabling uTp on Transmission helped, performing better. 

Disabled Mirror mode, found that I couldnt choose which network a device connected to Wirelessly, or they only seemed to connect to the 2.4Ghz while it was enabled. 

Netdumar22.4.png

Netdumar25ghz.png

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Avalon2099 said:

ISP is Shaw Cable - Pay/Expect 600 MB Down - 20 MB Upload

D/L rate for Transmission pre-R2 was roughly 15-20 MB/s given enough seeds.

Disabling uTp on Transmission helped, performing better. 

Disabled Mirror mode, found that I couldnt choose which network a device connected to Wirelessly, or they only seemed to connect to the 2.4Ghz while it was enabled. 

Great, what are you getting after disabling uTp? Some devices have trouble being able to switch between 2.4/5GHz on the fly like that. 

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great, what are you getting after disabling uTp? Some devices have trouble being able to switch between 2.4/5GHz on the fly like that. 

So Transmission is working fine now, speeds of 20 Mbs+ thats no longer a real issue. The main issue now is getting Plex on my PS4 Media center to recognize and see my Plex Media server on my PC which was working just fine before the R2 was set up, and now that its fully set up it is unable to see the server and thinks its offline. 

I have duplicated this error on my PS4 Pro which is on the same network and hardwired to the R2 router the same way that the Playstation media is wired. 

I have run through all the Plex troubleshooting and its no help. 

It looks like the PC is unable to "handshake" with any external devices on the network to allow the sharing of media. 

UPDATE: I am dumb, and had on a lark decided to check Firewall settings and found that for some reason that my Window Firewall had decided in its infinite wisdom upon installing the R2 router to create a block rule for inbound connections to Plex Media Server, this has since been remedied and tested to be working as intended going forward. 

Thank you so much for your continued assistance in this!

Edited by Avalon2099
Eureka!