Slight hit detection delay when connecting R2 to Linksys

Chaiyoabc

Hi, I am currently using Modem --> Linksys WRT32x Gaming router with Killer QoS --> Netduma R2 DCHP with QoS disabled

I can feel a bit milli-second delay when I shoot some guys in CoD games. Hit detection would be bit delay. Compared to when I only use Linksys. Hit detection is instant. 

I need Geo-Filter because modern warfare often put me in japanese/australian servers based on their non sense SBMM. 

While I also need Linksys QoS because it is very good one. 

Is there any way to decrease hop delay in this scenario? I tried putting netduma R2 on pppoe and hooked up with Linksys but result didn't go so well (Geo filter would not work and Linksys QoS act funny)

• Administrators

It's most likely because of the QoS applying to the router and then the gaming device. If you have any other devices connected to the R2 then the Linksys will just apply QoS to all the devices as though they were one.

What exactly didn't work regarding the Geo-Filter in the PPPoE setup?

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's most likely because of the QoS applying to the router and then the gaming device. If you have any other devices connected to the R2 then the Linksys will just apply QoS to all the devices as though they were one.

What exactly didn't work regarding the Geo-Filter in the PPPoE setup?

Actually it was working fine. But somehow I think qos in linksys perform better, so i wanr to use linksys qos and netduma geofilter

• Administrators

In that case I'd just have the console connected to the R2 and that is it, everything else connected to the linksys, then the QoS is applying basically to the console without blanket applying rules to other devices as though they were one.