XR700 Overheating?

hey Duma, 

My router keeps disconnecting again, and i think its due to overheating? i see a small fan through the mesh but it nevers comes on and the case is extremely warm. should it be like this?

Regards John. 

• Administrators

It's unlikely that overheating is causing the issue - the fans will turn on automatically when they get too hot. It's most likely due to a known issue that will be fixed in the beta version - we hope to have that out quite soon.

Meanwhile I would recommend upgrading to this firmware and doing a reset https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's unlikely that overheating is causing the issue - the fans will turn on automatically when they get too hot. It's most likely due to a known issue that will be fixed in the beta version - we hope to have that out quite soon.

Meanwhile I would recommend upgrading to this firmware and doing a reset https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix

Hi fraser, 

im already on this firmware from the previous post.  when i look at logs all i get is this.....

Capture.PNG

• Administrators

Do you have a Smart Light? Potentially made by Espressif? If so that is what is causing it, it likely disconnected from the WiFi and is trying to disconnect. Same kind of thing happens with mine if I turn the light switch off by accident.

51 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have a Smart Light? Potentially made by Espressif? If so that is what is causing it, it likely disconnected from the WiFi and is trying to disconnect. Same kind of thing happens with mine if I turn the light switch off by accident.

Yes i do so i have now turned it off via the plug, and get constant logins? so that light would it cause the router to disconnect?

Annotation 2020-08-19 134542.png