Xbox Party Chat issues

Tmurda124

* Im in Spectating Mode

*Isp Fios 990dl/880 up

* Briged- Modem ( not a router/modem combo) >R1>Netgear Nighthawk, Hard Wired Cat6

* Qos off

* Not running xbox insider hub

I noticed when certain People join the party or if someone joins through app i get disconnected 

I Ended up Plugging directly to my modem and i could connect perfectly to party chats.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you made any other adjustments, to port forwarding for example? If you put the console in the DMZ does it work properly then?

No i haven't tried port forwarding, should i try that? if So i haven't done dmz in a long time ..oof  

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, Nokternal said:

I also have this issue and have been researching it. It only happens when someone joins via the PC or phone app. If it's console to console everything is fine. Could it be a port issue?

52 minutes ago, Tmurda124 said:

No i haven't tried port forwarding, should i try that? if So i haven't done dmz in a long time ..oof  

Welcome to the forum @Nokternal!

Could be a port issue, I would suggest DMZ over port forwarding for ease of use, so try that and see if it works.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Nokternal said:

I'm not sure how to do DMZ, but I've turned of QoS and put the devices in spectate mode. I'll test and see

Great let us know. For DMZ you just take the IP of the device from the device manager and put it in the DMZ feature in settings.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Do you have the Geo-Filter in Filtering Mode? If so if you switch to spectating mode does it work? If it doesn't work then other than that you could try disabling QoS completely from the Anti-Bufferbloat 3 line menu.

No i have it in spectating with qos off

• Administrators

I can't think of anything that would be blocking that, if you have an Open NAT, if QoS is completely disabled so none of the features apply and the Geo-Filter is off then there isn't anything else. Is your modem a pure modem or does it have WiFi as well.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I can't think of anything that would be blocking that, if you have an Open NAT, if QoS is completely disabled so none of the features apply and the Geo-Filter is off then there isn't anything else. Is your modem a pure modem or does it have WiFi as well.

It’s a pure modem and yes I have everything off, also I plugged it into the Netgear and everything works fine but when I use the netduma sometimes my friends would join and I would get connecting and it would just hang there and sometimes I would join parties and same thing 

• Administrators

The only thing I could think of is that there are maybe some port conflicts. You've put it in the DMZ but have you also done any port forwarding rules? If so remove them then try. If that's not applicable/doesn't work then disable UPnP then try, does that help?