Internet Provider

DanJayy

hey guys was just wanting to ask a couple of questions, im currently on virgin media 350, my contract soon to be ending, im still currently waiting for bt to sort the fttp, all openreach offer me is sky/bt essential which is like 1 upload 6 download, if i made the switch to say bt, do you think it would cause problems with Two ps4s at once using the R2, i know the speeds are going to be crazy low for downloads etc but really did not want start a new contract with virgin, any advice would be great! 

Danjayy.

whilst speed isn’t allways the deciding factor in online gameplay and most bt broadband has allways been good for it. Going to such a low speed would cause many issues. Downloads will be a big part of it. Take games like call of duty how many 15gb patches have they had? I ‘now on pc version it felt like every other day there was some sort of big patch needing to be downloaded.

you don’t have to take out another contract with virgin do you? Wasn’t ofcom making all SP Put you on the best deals they could for rolling contracts? 

whilst I do think the net speed would be ok for gaming you wouldn’t be able to do much at same time no Netflix and even browsing could cause issue and pc when some watches a cat video on youtube.

I would say check with virgin and see what the cost will be outside of the original contract I know ofcom has done a lot so your bill doesn’t just shoot up 

• Administrators

Some good advice above. With that upload if two consoles were playing at the same time and anything else was being used that's basically your upload eaten up and will likely cause you to lag. QoS will help with this of course but it's quite low to go for if you have other options.