NetDuma R2 is very underwhelming and Almost Useless for Asian Region

DarkNinja23

So I bought this router mainly for the ability to select the servers in game and check pings with individual servers , Previously I was using AX3000 from tp-link with Wifi6 and its actually cheaper than this router but has better wifi performance and actually pings in game are also same or better with ax3000.

Problems I found with Netduma R2

1. Useless in asia because  game servers in asia are not included in the most of the games featured in Ping Heatmap 

2. WIfi performance is also bad even on 5Ghz, I can't even stream games with Nvidia Shield or Steam link with different devices inside the house.

3. I am getting worse ratings on DSLreports on this router compared to my old router even after doing multiple QoS settings and with LAN. 

I read some of the posts that devs are trying to fix the issues with new update in the future , I hope they come out with something good because at this point I feel like I just wasted money on this product - expected something amazing. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to here you are having a bad experience.

1. We have tried to include every server for the games we have available currently. If you feel as though there are servers missing do you see them on the Geo-Filter? If so would you let us know what games we're missing Asia servers for and if possible their IDs here please? Then we can get that updated via the cloud https://forum.netduma.com/topic/32117-ping-heatmap-suggestionissue-thread/
  2. We are working very hard on improving the WiFi at the moment and will be releasing a firmware soon that will hopefully address it, failing that it will give us more information on how to improve it further.
  3. That is likely due to our DPI which can interfere with the test. Use Congestion Control and the Connection Benchmark test to get the Ping Under Load results as low/stable as possible.