DHCP not working correctly

Rob_xyz

Hello, I'm a recent owner of the Netduma R2 router and I enconter a big problem with dhcp functionality when changing the router's default IP range.

As Any other router I tried to change the router IP address from 192.168.77.1 to 192.168.1.1 in network settings > network and applied the changes > no error > just the warning message about make sure to use the new ip address > ok.

Waited about a minute and all of my devices where still on 192.168.77.X without internet ... Ethernet devices and wireless, so I decided to reboot the router and wait.

After booting up all my devices still had assigned 192.168.77.X  .. so I tried to access the netduma new ip 192.168.1.1 and did not connect either, So since I sitll had 192.168.77.xxx assigned,  I tried to use old ip adress 192.168.77.1 and did not enter to the interface.

here is where things get interesting, all my devices still had 192.168.77.xx so I went to my pc tcpip v4 and manually force the new IP range 192.168.1.4 and of course by doing that I was able to access the netduma interface on 192.168.1.1

so with that said I double check the dumas IP address on network settings and still was correctly set to 192.168.1.1, also I check the dhcp field and it was enabled as well. So it didn't matter how hard I tried it did not wanted to assign new ips to my network other than its default ip range of 192.168.77.x.

I factory reset the router and tried again from scratch and happened the same thing!!!

What I'm missing here?

Thanks!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We should probably make it more clear that when you change the LAN IP the devices connected should be rebooted/disconnected and reconnected in order to gain the new IP address. This is the same with the XR routers as well. I'll suggest to the team for us to add a warning on this.