XRM570 Website not loading?

Hi again,

First time I have been able to test Stadia again in some time and it’s basically unplayable for me at the moment in 4K, stutter and lag. I turned off all the QOS and when I’m launching games I’m seeing messages saying my connection is unstable, both wired and 5Ghz. I have 64-65Mbps available and multiple different speed tests show my connection is performing well with a low ping but Stadia is just not having it. 

I think it is just my internet connection. 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Yorkshirelion said:

Hi again,

First time I have been able to test Stadia again in some time and it’s basically unplayable for me at the moment in 4K, stutter and lag. I turned off all the QOS and when I’m launching games I’m seeing messages saying my connection is unstable, both wired and 5Ghz. I have 64-65Mbps available and multiple different speed tests show my connection is performing well with a low ping but Stadia is just not having it. 

I think it is just my internet connection. 

What makes you think it is just your general internet connection?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What makes you think it is just your general internet connection?

I  spoke to someone at Stadia and they recommended I turn off HDR as for some reason it needs more bandwidth, they said it adds 20% at 1080p and 80% more at 4K. Doing that seems to have sorted it out, I can now play at 4K 5.1 and it seems stable, haven’t tried anymore testing with other clients connected but on its own it is streaming better. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Yorkshirelion said:

I  spoke to someone at Stadia and they recommended I turn off HDR as for some reason it needs more bandwidth, they said it adds 20% at 1080p and 80% more at 4K. Doing that seems to have sorted it out, I can now play at 4K 5.1 and it seems stable, haven’t tried anymore testing with other clients connected but on its own it is streaming better. 

That's great news, thanks for posting the solution, 80% more at 4K is ludicrous! 

38 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great news, thanks for posting the solution, 80% more at 4K is ludicrous! 

No problem, I didn’t even consider this could be the case, it still looks like similar usage to me in the network monitor but it must spike as I haven’t seen the unstable message since turning off HDR. I’m having a great time with the mesh now, I reset and created separate 2.4 and 5ghz networks and everything seems to be humming along nicely so thanks.

Also thanks for the replies and support appreciate it!

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Yorkshirelion said:

No problem, I didn’t even consider this could be the case, it still looks like similar usage to me in the network monitor but it must spike as I haven’t seen the unstable message since turning off HDR. I’m having a great time with the mesh now, I reset and created separate 2.4 and 5ghz networks and everything seems to be humming along nicely so thanks.

Also thanks for the replies and support appreciate it!

That's great to hear! You're very welcome, happy to have tried to help. I'll close this topic now as it seems to be resolved, feel free to open another topic if you have any questions/issues and we'll be happy to help.