R2 Internet connection cycles on/off

codean

After half a month of normal use with zero issues, my R2 no longer provides a steady internet connection. I thought it was an issue with my ISP but, after switching back to my R1 that isn’t the case. R1 functions with no issues, connection is great.

The R2 seems to flash the “internet connection” light for 4 seconds and then off for a few seconds and repeats. I can no longer get to the R2 dashboard, only receive a “your connection was interrupted” message. 

Assistance from the Netduma team would be much appreciated!

• Administrators

Were they any settings changes or changes to your setup in general prior to this happening? Could be as simple as plugging the power in somewhere else. I would suggest holding the reset button in the back of the router for 30 seconds then release, wait 1-2 minutes and attempt to access the interface again.

Zero changes to settings before the issue started. Nothing was touched for days. I was watching youtube vids when connection issues started/noticed.

Pressing the reset button extended period brings back internet connection for my laptop but, my brand new pc doesn't see an internet connection (both connected via eithernet). Still can't access the control panel even after clearing browser cache with the laptop. 

Reconnected the R1, everything works fine with zero fuss. 

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : hsd1.il.comcast.net.
   IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::c858:902:4d71:87b3%4
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 
   Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.248.0
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::201:5cff:fea2:5e46%4

• Administrators

Okay that's really weird. Could you follow this guide to set a static IP on your device please using these details https://www.onmsft.com/how-to/how-and-why-to-set-a-static-ip-address-in-windows-10#:~:text=To set a static IP in Windows%2C open,multiple – for example wired Ethernet and Wi-Fi.

IP 192.168.77.2
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.77.1

and then try to access the interface please.

Hi, Having pretty much the same problem, cannot access router interface, r2 seams to get stuck in a loop after a reset (connection then non in a few seconds and repeat) then after another reset i get internet access but no interface.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, mengov said:

Hi, Having pretty much the same problem, cannot access router interface, r2 seams to get stuck in a loop after a reset (connection then non in a few seconds and repeat) then after another reset i get internet access but no interface.

I'll respond to the topic you started regarding this.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, codean said:

Seeing how I'm not alone in having this issue and seem to have the same results in trying to diagnose... could I please send my R2 in? 

We are looking into the issue but you can email [email protected] with a link to this topic and we may be able to get you a replacement.