QoS doesn't support IPV6?

Sorry to bother the busy admin here, but does DumaOS QoS not filter IPV6 traffic like it does IPV4?

The reason I ask, is I have been trying to throttle my connection as some users have suggested to help with Call of Duty Warzone matches, and found that it helps immensely.

Yet, I recently got IPV6 working without 6to4 and noticed my gameplay has reverted back to before I throttled it (poor hit registration etc). A quick test on other devices and noticed that all speed tests are reporting back full speeds... I disabled IPv6 in my search to find why QoS wasn't working all of a sudden and my device's speeds were throttled again.

This leads me to believe that the QoS doesn't handle true IPv6 traffic like it does with IPv4 and 6to4 IPv6 (which I believe piggybacks IPv4 to establish IPv6 connections).

If this is the case, are there plans to implement IPv6 traffic shaping and rate limiting any time soon... like Duma 3.0 perhaps...?

I used speedtest.net, the Ookla app for my phone, and dslreports that all showed the same numbers for both tests (IPv6 on and off). My speeds are around 930mpbs download and upload with QoS deactivated (which is exactly what they should be), and are throttled properly with AntiBufferbloat enabled. The tests are accurate, but seem to show no traffic shaping when I have native IPv6 enabled.

And yes, share excess is off and has been the whole time.

qos_upload.png

qos1.png

qos_download.png

qos_priorities.png

Sure, not a problem. And as you can see the tests are utilizing IPv6 by the IPv6 IP at the bottom of the test, that is how I first determined that it must be the IPv6 traffic that isn't being properly shaped.

I also checked to see if everything was working properly on the IPv6 side @ www.test-ipv6.com and got a 10/10 rating, which means everything is set up on that end as far as I can tell.

Oh and I decided to try the TFTP method to upload a new copy of the latest firmware (as a suggested fix I've seen elsewhere on the forums) and factory reset and set up everything again to try and resolve the issue but no luck.

Thanks again for looking into this.

20200903_181058.jpg

• Administrators

Thank you very much for doing that. Are you signed up for the 3.0 beta? If not please do that: http://www.netgearinnovation.com/dumaos-beta/index.html

There will be a new build for that soon so will be good to know if you get it on that as well so we can go from there. If you could check in with me next week I can see where we are at with the firmware.