Internet & Speed Drops

Flamenation247

Hello I've been using the r2 for a few weeks replacing the r1 I've notice the speeds that I'm receiving is not close to what i receive on the edge router or the speeds i received on the r1 before upgrading  to dumaos 3.0 beta any suggestions?

I pay for 300 down 30 upload im getting around 250 up which isn't bad at all this is more than enough but I'm getting 5 upload or less not using qos and i use speedtest.net and xbox speed test which shows the lower speeds on the upload side but on the benchmark i get about 260 down and 29 upload also wifi is dropping out of nowhere and not connect back to some devices but will automatically connect to others I've also experience 2 connections drops while working with devices connected via lan but after unplugging the router and plugging it back in everything was back up and running.

• Administrators

If you disable QoS fully from the Congestion Control 3 line menu, do you get closer to your speeds? We've got a new firmware with lots of WiFi improvements coming very soon - it is being tested right now. Disable mirror WiFi settings and connect manually to 2.4/5GHz and see if it is more stable that way.

Wifi seem to be good for now no luck with increasing the upload speed I’m getting more than I’m supposed to on the download side I tried disabling qos but I didn’t find that disabling goodput removed packet low I was receiving low upload speed and 1-2% packet loss when running test on Xbox but now I just have low upload speeds

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it’s been so long but I was without power for awhile due to hurricane sally I did install the firmware and tried the speed test again didn’t work for  the Xbox One X but PlayStation speeds are good this could just be an issue related to Xbox and my isp rather than the duma I did notice when checking speeds on the r2 and dsl reports the only devices that receive lower speeds  are the gaming consoles. In my experience the speed on the ps4 are more stable.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, Flamenation247 said:

Sorry it’s been so long but I was without power for awhile due to hurricane sally I did install the firmware and tried the speed test again didn’t work for  the Xbox One X but PlayStation speeds are good this could just be an issue related to Xbox and my isp rather than the duma I did notice when checking speeds on the r2 and dsl reports the only devices that receive lower speeds  are the gaming consoles. In my experience the speed on the ps4 are more stable.

That sounds about right so everything will be working correctly. Sorry about the hurricane, I hope that you didn't suffer too much damage or loss.