Netduma R2 Pre-Purchase advice needed Virgin Media

Fopa

Hi,

I am contemplating getting the Netduma R2, i am with Virgin Media (200mb) and i have the Superhub 3.  I am aware of the chipset problem, so i used the SH in modem mode with an ASUS router.  I play Hell Let Loose/Squad on PC and COD on PS4 Pro.  Can any other users on VM give me a heads up if this is going to work well with VM before i take the plunge and buy the R2.

Delivered, now fully setup. 

Static IP's assigned to dedicated machines, software is fairly straight forward. 

Traffic controllers put in place to deny access for my children after specific times, again easy to achieve.

Hard wired to gaming machines (Powerlines), Wifi doesnt reach the back of the house any better than previous devices but i suspect that is due to the house layout.  Think broadband test setup to monitor connection etc. Will be playing Hell Let Loose this afternoon where i have had a high latency to servers, so will be interesting to test and tweak. 

A+ reported on all connection benchmark tests. 

How do you go about getting Hell Let Loose added to the listed games?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2020 at 2:26 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I personally use Virgin Media as well in router mode actually and I've not had any problems in that regard, been quite stable for me!

Hi Fraser 

I had virgin media Installed on Thursday, I pay for 500 down and 36 up 

when I test speeds on standard super hub 3 I got 565 down and 9 up 

when I connected the R2 and put super hub 3 in modem mode I get 40 ish download sometimes less and 2 up. 

i also can’t join and hear people in ps4 party chat, sometimes I have to leave and rejoin several times for it to work. 

Please can you help and possible share settings you have used to get great results !! 

• Administrators
17 hours ago, Stiff78 said:

Hi Fraser 

I had virgin media Installed on Thursday, I pay for 500 down and 36 up 

when I test speeds on standard super hub 3 I got 565 down and 9 up 

when I connected the R2 and put super hub 3 in modem mode I get 40 ish download sometimes less and 2 up. 

i also can’t join and hear people in ps4 party chat, sometimes I have to leave and rejoin several times for it to work. 

Please can you help and possible share settings you have used to get great results !! 

Did you enter your new speeds in the bandwidth settings? Are you testing via WiFi or ethernet? Where are you doing the speed test? You will need to add your friends to your allow list for them to be able to connect to you when you have the Geo-Filter enabled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Administrators
9 minutes ago, Deaconbrown said:

Hello

So reading this it would seem i have not put my virgin router into modem mode, I just plugged my netduma in.

Other than turning this mode on, is there anything else I need to do when setting this up?

I'd suggest putting the WAN IP found in the System Information page on the R2 into the Virgin hub DMZ. Would also be best to disable the Virgin WiFi and connect all devices to the R2. Then you're sorted and can adjust your R2 settings.