How to add R2 to DMZ

ChrisCohen

My R2 has just arrived and I can't get Internet when connecting to my Sky Q router. It previously worked fine with the R1.

How do I find my R2 wan IP to add it to the DMZ of the Sky router? Previously it was shown on the R1 under device manager I believe. Where is it on the R2?

To add I get no Internet at all on any device connected to the Duma R2, regardless of wired or wireless connection. My sky router definitely has Internet connected but I just get 'resolving host' when trying to access any Web page from a device connected to the R2 and the R2 setup said no internet connection was detected..

UPDATE: I now get internet on a device thats wired to the duma r2 but no internet on any device connected via WiFi.

Edited by ChrisCohen

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The WAN IP can be found on the System Information page but this shouldn't be necessary for a connection. Have you changed any settings since getting the router?

The only thing I changed was to make the SSID of the wireless 'NetdumaR1' so all my old devices would connect to it (or so I thought). Is that the issue? I've tried forgetting the network on my mac and then re-adding it and that didn't make a difference.

Ahh, a restart of the Duma appears to have fixed the issue! I think I'm there now...

Chris,

I had the same problem a few hours ago. What I did was connecting all the cables, make sure the ports were active and connected my laptop by wifi to the provide modem and by cable to the R2 so I could access both. Then I hit 'factory reset' on the R2, and the DHCP client did worked correctly and I got it working.

Maybe it works for you too :)

NMM