Geo filter bug?

johnnytran

Posted this in another thread that's now locked, I got put into a game on this server even though it's on my denied list

To respond to your quote Netduma Fraser

Were you still on the game when you blocked it originally? If so the connection was probably still active and thus allowed you to connect again before being blocked. You need to wait or turn off the game to sever the connection, wait 2 mins then try.

-----

This was a server I blocked days ago (maybe even last week) and the router has been rebooted/game has been closed many times since then. I'll keep my eye out on the servers I connect to & hopefully I remember to name them next time! Didn't realise this until the other day lol

geo.JPG

10 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Posted this in another thread that's now locked, I got put into a game on this server even though it's on my denied list

To respond to your quote Netduma Fraser

Were you still on the game when you blocked it originally? If so the connection was probably still active and thus allowed you to connect again before being blocked. You need to wait or turn off the game to sever the connection, wait 2 mins then try.

-----

This was a server I blocked days ago (maybe even last week) and the router has been rebooted/game has been closed many times since then. I'll keep my eye out on the servers I connect to & hopefully I remember to name them next time! Didn't realise this until the other day lol

geo.JPG

A question / curiosity. Did you flush cloud after denying the server?

7 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

Nope, are you meant to? if so, how? This is my first Netduma :)

No, it is not necessary, in principle the cloud is automatically updated when there is an update, I simply wanted to rule out a variant of why it could fail.

Even so, if you want to update the cloud manually, simply go to the geofilter and in the upper right next to where it says geofiltre map click on the little lines that you see, then press where it says flush cloud and wait for R2 to finish, when it finishes press F5 to reload the page and you're done. It is recommended not to have any device added at that time in the geo filter.

Regards!

There's only 1 server location in Australia for MW in NSW. There's many different IP's though and I always ping around 6-10 ms to each one cause I'm in the same state :)

I had denied that one because I didn't have a good experience on it even though the ping was low. I think it was due some of the other players connection though, the hit detection was bad and I seemed to be playing a second behind everyone else (I'd get killed before I could even shoot a bullet, in the killcams i looked like a bot moving around cluelessly)

If i notice I'm connected to one of the denied ones again, do i switch off auto ping host, manually ping it then deny it again? Do i need to remove it from my deny list before i attempt this?

/edit

Just noticed first game in i got connected to another one on my denied list. In-game, i unticked auto ping host then manually pinged it and added it to my deny list. I think it has now overwritten the old entry. After this game, i'll restart the game and keep doing this for any other server it puts me in that's on my denied list. Will let you know if it puts me in this new denied entry.

denied.JPG

• Administrators

I'd suggest removing it from the denied list first. Then disable Auto Ping, wait to get it again then manually ping it and deny it. Then once you've left the connection wait 2 minutes and then search again and you shouldn't be connected to it.

i've switched auto ping off. Is it a bug with adding auto-pinged servers or something? I noticed a blocked peer symbol popped up wile i was searching for a game so something's working.. just not sure why i was put in the others

• Administrators
20 minutes ago, johnnytran said:

i've switched auto ping off. Is it a bug with adding auto-pinged servers or something? I noticed a blocked peer symbol popped up wile i was searching for a game so something's working.. just not sure why i was put in the others

If you can confirm that that is the case then yes and we can go to work fixing it, so could you see if that's definitely the case?