R2 connected, no internet

TheGreatDansby

Just set up the r2 per packaged instructions, and although it's connected, out isn't receiving an internet connection wired or wireless. My internet service provider is altice one. Not sure what this issue is. Thank you for any help.

• Administrators

What happens if you try to access 192.168.77.1? You might be cached from the R1 so clear the browser cache/cookies. So you haven't been through the setup wizard yet? That might be why you don't have internet at the moment.

52 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What happens if you try to access 192.168.77.1? You might be cached from the R1 so clear the browser cache/cookies. So you haven't been through the setup wizard yet? That might be why you don't have internet at the moment.

My R1 broke over a year ago..... dog destroyed it.... whole different story.... but it was never setup with my current computer or network so that shouldn't be the issue.

My ISP's modem/router combo

53 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the R2 plugged into exactly, a modem or modem/router? You should be able to continue the setup wizard without a connection

When I hit next, nothing happens.

The same thing happens to me. I'm from Colombia and just now I got the NetdumaR2 and when I connected it to my Internet provider it didn't give me the connection. It also lets me be in the modem configuration.

I really need your help, I do not know what else to do because when I connect the R2 of one goes to my old router connection.

I attach evidence, the WIFI I'm connected to is my cell phone.

Captura.JPG

• Administrators
1 hour ago, TheGreatDansby said:

My ISP's modem/router combo

When I hit next, nothing happens.

Is it in modem or router mode? If you use it in router mode and connect the R2 to it, does it work? Just to double check you're connecting the yellow port on the R2 to a LAN port on the modem/router?

21 minutes ago, LuisCadavid said:

The only thing to do is to hit it and then give the options and that's it. Even if you don't have the Internet, you get it.

I'll reply in the topic that you have made.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Is it in modem or router mode? If you use it in router mode and connect the R2 to it, does it work? Just to double check you're connecting the yellow port on the R2 to a LAN port on the modem/router?

I'll reply in the topic that you have made.

There doesn't seem to be anything in my isps router page that puts in into different modes... Yes, I have the cables in the correct ports

I've also been dealing with this issue today as I see quite a few others have too. Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I've found that disabling the router password has fixes the issue, at least for me (or just a coincidence). 

49 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the ISP router? Do you have another router or switch to put in between the ISP router and R2 to see if it gets a connection that way?

I have Altice one, it's a modem/router/cable box that they make that only works with Altice one service. Apparently  my isp doesn't allow for additional routers without permission.... I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask them to put it into bridge mode for me as they do not let customers do that on their own. -_-. Thanks for your help... I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

• Administrators
15 hours ago, BigBoyJimmy said:

I've also been dealing with this issue today as I see quite a few others have too. Not sure if it's a coincidence, but I've found that disabling the router password has fixes the issue, at least for me (or just a coincidence). 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

You're saying that disabling the router interface password allowed you to get an internet connection?

14 hours ago, TheGreatDansby said:

I have Altice one, it's a modem/router/cable box that they make that only works with Altice one service. Apparently  my isp doesn't allow for additional routers without permission.... I'll give them a call tomorrow and ask them to put it into bridge mode for me as they do not let customers do that on their own. -_-. Thanks for your help... I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow.

Understand that makes sense why it didn't make sense! Keep us posted!

So... I don't know what happened... but I woke up.... and everything is working... as of now.... I have no idea why it started working... I didn't even call my isp.... I wish I knew what had happened to help others... but... truly... I have no idea.

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, TheGreatDansby said:

So... I don't know what happened... but I woke up.... and everything is working... as of now.... I have no idea why it started working... I didn't even call my isp.... I wish I knew what had happened to help others... but... truly... I have no idea.

They obviously heard your calls across the internet! Glad it is working now, I'll close this topic as it is resolved. Feel free to open another if needed.