plex loosing connection to double nat

Paddee1987

Hi guys,

as the title suggests im loosing outside access to my plex server. this problem has only started today when i changed mysuperhub 3 back to router mode(after nemouroes complaints of the wifi signal strength from the r2) i added the r2 wan ip into the hub 3`s DMZ as explained to me by fraser onanother post. I also turned off upnp on the hub 3. when i try and re establish the connection on plex it connects then immediatley disconnects throwing a double nat issue. looking at the upnp menu on the r2 its showing the plex port forawrded. im at a loss here, im sure its something simple so hopefully someone here cn help out

many thanks

paddee

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So just to confirm, the device using Plex is connected directly to the R2? If you put this device in the DMZ of the R2, just long enough to test it, is it properly accessible?

Hi fraser,

Just tried PCs ip in r2s dmz and nothings changed if anything it wont get a connection at all. As before it would get connection then loose it saying "it looks like your server may be connected to the internet through multiple routers or other network devices. Try connecting it directly to your primary device."

Thanks

Paddee

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So just to confirm, the device using Plex is connected directly to the R2? If you put this device in the DMZ of the R2, just long enough to test it, is it properly accessible?

Hi Fraser,

i seem to have sorted it from some googling, seems a common problem with plex and two routers setup. i had to port forward th r2s wan ip for 32400 both tcp and udp on the virgin super hub 3, then port forward on the r2 my pcs ip to 32400 also.

many thanks

Paddee