Router and Modem Setup

badrisuper

Hi

I bought R2 and now I am trying to connect to from my modem to R2 and R2 to R1.  From R1 I connect my PS4 and computer.  In  games, I didnt have open NAT.  Anyone please suggest what is the approach to connect R2 and R1.  And how to get open NAT?  I appreciate your suggestion.

Thanks

Badri M

Yes, my gaming machine is in attic.  I have to add one more router to extend the connectivity.  Is there any other better way?  Earlier I was using Edgerouter lite.  But its not working now. So I am using R1 for time being.

Thanks

Badri M

Thanks @Netduma Fraser.  I connected to my edge router.  its working again.  To get better connectivity instead of another Can I add switch like R2 to Switch and to PS4?  What way is better to connect?  I want to have wired connection.

Thanks

Badri M

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, badrisuper said:

I like to extend the ethernet.  What switch is good to use for gaming?

Thanks

Badri M

As the R2 is doing the QoS and all the other features you don't need anything other than an unmanaged switch for this as the devices will appear as though they are directly connected to the R2 and so you can control them individually.

Hi

I observed when using R2 that Ad-Blocker causes intermittent network issue in youtube and other streaming channels in LG C8 oled.  Though in settings it says connected to internet.  After disabling Ad-Blocker it works fine.

Thanks

Badri M 

• Administrators
4 hours ago, badrisuper said:

Hi

I observed when using R2 that Ad-Blocker causes intermittent network issue in youtube and other streaming channels in LG C8 oled.  Though in settings it says connected to internet.  After disabling Ad-Blocker it works fine.

Thanks

Badri M 

Well done for figuring it out, could you post about that here please so Alex can take a look? https://forum.netduma.com/topic/31968-adblocker-unwanted-block-reporting-thread/