Network Overview not reflecting in Network Snapshot

GenMatrix

• Administrators

Although this is quite an extreme example, the snap shot is showing an average of how much bandwidth is being used at a time. The overview is showing the download which is happening and downloads often go up and down with how fast they are downloading. What was the device shown doing at the time?

That makes sense. I guess what I was trying to deduce is what device was causing the spike but if the top bar graph shows an average vs the line graph showing current speed then it make sense that it wouldn't show. Other than introducing each device to the network one by one (i have 38 devices connected), I don't think I will be able to find the culprit. 

Now knowing how the graphs work, there's not a problem per say. I just assumed erroneously that since both of the graphs update at the same intervals and that both are counting traffic, they they were being calculated the same. That bar graph would look wild though if it was showing current speeds I think lol.

Thanks for the insight, @Netduma Fraser.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You're very welcome! I would assume it was that living room device so if that was downloading that could be the reason. Quick way to tell is to take that device offline and see if it still occurs.

It was streaming the Spectrum App so that makes the sense. So it looks like it's just streaming chunks of 25 mbps every 4-5 seconds which over time averages out to 4-5 mbps. 

I know most people won't be as critical as me about what happens on their network but I am absolutely in love with R2. Thanks again for the support @Netduma Fraser.

• Administrators
47 minutes ago, GenMatrix said:

It was streaming the Spectrum App so that makes the sense. So it looks like it's just streaming chunks of 25 mbps every 4-5 seconds which over time averages out to 4-5 mbps. 

I know most people won't be as critical as me about what happens on their network but I am absolutely in love with R2. Thanks again for the support @Netduma Fraser.

Yeah I think that probably explains it! Really great to hear that, thank you for the feedback!