R1 Geo-Filter on unsupported games

Od1n

Hey Guys,

I want to use the Geo-Filter on a PC game that isnt part of the provided Geo-Filter list. I think there was a feature somewhere where you could specify the UDP and TCP ports in the Geo-Filter settings, but i cannot seem to find it anymore. Either way please let me know if theres an option to add "custom games" to the Geo-Filter list :).

Edit: Firmware is R1 2.1.3.29

• Administrators

We removed that ability in DumaOS as people would often use port 80 etc and it would cause issues. The easiest workaround now is to give your PC a console device type in the Device Manager then re-add it to the Geo-Filter. It will add with the console service and that will allow you to see all the servers and filter if possible.

Thanks Fraser.

The ports the game is using are UDP 49000-51000. If i change my PC to a console device type, does the geo filter scan these ports? Im not sure what ports the console device type scans but could that UDP range be part of it?

These are the ports of an extremly popular emulator netplay version of Super Smash Brothers Melee, it even has a matchmaking P2P mode but playing vs high-ping oversea enemies is kind of annoying. See here for those being interested in the Melee netplay built https://slippi.gg/about

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Od1n said:

Thanks Fraser.

The ports the game is using are UDP 49000-51000. If i change my PC to a console device type, does the geo filter scan these ports? Im not sure what ports the console device type scans but could that UDP range be part of it?

These are the ports of an extremly popular emulator netplay version of Super Smash Brothers Melee, it even has a matchmaking P2P mode but playing vs high-ping oversea enemies is kind of annoying. See here for those being interested in the Melee netplay built https://slippi.gg/about

Yes it does, it covers ports 1024-65535 which is what all games generally use without including ports that could interact with general internet activity. If it's P2P then it should in theory work with the Geo-Filter!

Just want to report in that it works, thanks a ton man!

I can now filter the Melee Netplay Matchmaking to EU players only to keep the ping low!

As a suggestion, what about offering the "custom geo-filter" again but exclude the ports that can cause any harm?
Alternatively that console device trick works like a charm, got no problems with using that instead! :)

• Administrators

That is great to hear, glad to hear it is working! Given the console trick does it, there is no need to spend any more development time on it but I do understand what you're saying. As this has been resolved I'll close the topic, feel free to open another if needed.