best settings for apex legends?

Hello, I live in Spain and the closest server is Belgium (32-40 ms) server, I have tried to put ping assist at 30 but it seems that it is much better leaving it at 0, the geo filter I put it from Spain to something further from Belgium because otherwise it cannot find a game if the server is not in the filter circle.
Can someone help me to configure the best configuration to have low ping in this game? Which ping assist is recommended 0 or more?

1 hour ago, Minino said:

Hello, I live in Spain and the closest server is Belgium (32-40 ms) server, I have tried to put ping assist at 30 but it seems that it is much better leaving it at 0, the geo filter I put it from Spain to something further from Belgium because otherwise it cannot find a game if the server is not in the filter circle.
Can someone help me to configure the best configuration to have low ping in this game? Which ping assist is recommended 0 or more?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

We actually have an Optimal Settings guide specifically for Apex Legends here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000091840-optimal-dumaos-settings-for-apex-legends

This should help lower your ping. If you need any further assistance, let me know.

Steve

Yes, I followed the tutorial, I have the geofilter at 2500km because if it doesn't take Belgium from my position, I don't know if there is any better option to the geofilter, for example ping assist. But if I put a geofilter in the middle of the ocean at 111km and ping assist at 30, it doesn't find games and always throws me off the server, I have 900 dowload and 500 upload and slider 92-92, any ideas?

Ok,

So we will need more info. Please use PingPlotter, and choose a close IP to your region e.g. a local news website or business website.

Please then reply back with a screenshot sharing your results.

Thank you.

Steve

PingPlotter Guide

7 hours ago, Netduma Steve said:

Ok,

So we will need more info. Please use PingPlotter, and choose a close IP to your region e.g. a local news website or business website.

Please then reply back with a screenshot sharing your results.

Thank you.

Steve

PingPlotter Guide

D562DA8D-6245-4CC7-8C71-904650B19C35.jpeg

Thanks for the screenshot. Ok so your base ping is good, and if your ping is 32-40 in game, then this is generally considered to be very good. Your in game ping can be slightly higher than what appears in geo-filter because of processing time.

So my question is, are your multiplayer in game experiences actually suffering? e.g. lag, players sponging bullets etc.

Steve

34 minutes ago, Netduma Steve said:

Thanks for the screenshot. Ok so your base ping is good, and if your ping is 32-40 in game, then this is generally considered to be very good. Your in game ping can be slightly higher than what appears in geo-filter because of processing time.

So my question is, are your multiplayer in game experiences actually suffering? e.g. lag, players sponging bullets etc.

Steve

Well now I have raised the slider to 83/83 it seems even more stable.
the game is apex legends, some games bad another good ping

2 hours ago, Minino said:

The game has been inconsistent since the implementation of SBMM.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Minino said:

That sounds like you probably need to fine tune your Anti-BB settings. Follow this guide while using the internet as much as possible, e.g. downloads, streams etc and try different Anti-Bufferbloat percentages (while using Always) until you find what lowers your ping the most/keeps it stable: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping