trying to add and access point to my XR500

All I want to do is to add an access point to the xr500 I am not getting a whit stable light For some reason its not as simple as its been in the past with other routers iv had which was simply to configure the access point and connect to Ethernet port on the router! Can someone please help me, what am I doing wrong or is there something that I need to be doing?

Thank I am in need of prompt reply as I have a business and people are waiting for me cheers .

• Administrators

What is the access point that you are trying to connect to the XR? It should literally be the case of plugging the AP WAN port into the XR LAN port. If you're not getting a white light that can just mean the cable is limited to 100mbps for example, possibly due to the category of ethernet you're using.

Hi Fraser sorry for delay 

I actually can't connect to to wifi on any router in access mode that is not made by netgear, I just get orange light and no connection, we are using  a new Assus model and a tp link access point. Cant be the cable as its cat 6 .

Hi Fraser I have sorted the cameras was not the cable but cameras bandwidth limit and no I have not given the Asus a static ip, I am using an Asus but when I try with a netgear D7000 it works so I'm guessing I have to give the Asus router or any third party router a static ip in order to use it as an access point, is that the case Fraser ?