Issues with V1.0.1.20 XR700

I've been having issues with R-apps loading on the XR700 as well as having the R-apps lock up with they're running after a fresh reboot. I did re-download the firmware and re-install it to make sure that corrupt firmware was not the issue. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this issues. Am I wrong in thinking that when a specific app crashes then that functionality in the router has also crashed/stopped working? Thanks for the help.

I just updated to 1.0.1.24 and it has broken the connection to all my devices. None are getting a IP address and the router is inaccessible even through a computer that is hardwired. I really don't understand what's going on and now I fear that I won't be able to roll back to 1.0.1.20 that's broken but partially was working. Phones say optqining IP address and computers are "connected with no internet access". Any ideas? 

I did some testing and it seems like the issues are directly related to the SSID. For my first test I reset to factory and then uploaded my saved settings. All devices connected initially and worked perfectly but after resetting the router the connections started failing again. Second test was resetting to factory and only changing the SSID to what it used to be. This also failed after a reboot. The third test passed by using the default SSID that the router assigns (changing password still works) after rreboot all devvices still connected to the network again. P.S. wireless extender connected to the network had old SSID. Reconnected to that and same SSID failure (extender is a nighthawk ex7300) seems like a SSID failure but that really doesn't make any sense to me. I hope this helps resolving issues in a future patch and if you need any other information let me know. @Netduma Fraser P.S.S. I'm not happy I have to reconnect every smart home device in my house. 😥

• Administrators

That is really weird, do you mind sharing the SSID you were using or the general idea of what it was? Were you using symbols, numbers, letters etc? 

Thank you for sharing your findings, I understand it's not ideal to go through the process but by doing it you've found the issue, solved it and now you should be able to use it normally and potentially help lots of other people at the same time!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the 2 months of not responding. So something really funky was going on and I was so mad by the end of getting it half way back up and running that I didn't even want to come back and post. So we had our network named Pearce Home2.4 and Pearce Home5. I had the channels split for certain devices in the house and it just made it easier to separate things. When that failed I was having issues with connections on both bands. All devices would be connected to the router and would have MAC addresses but would not have IP's which in turn would not allow them to connect to the internet. 

After factory resetting the XR700 three times I finally got it to be up and half way stable. I have drops on some devices here and there but I dread the day I have to reboot it. Seems like reboots start the issues after a fresh factory reset. 

The issue still persists. I have switched the SSID over to the default NetgearX86 SSID and it is set to automatically decided which band for each device. That is the only way I could get it to work again.

I will tell you that we do have a good number of smart light bulbs attached to our network but I would not see this as something that would overload a router like this.

Oh no the issue still persists now. When the network does not have the automatic band selector enabled it will cause issues. If I go back in and reconfigure to the two separate 2.4 and 5ghz networks it will start doing the same thing. Even if a . is not included in the SSID. That's why this issue really just got on my nerves.