my nat type on my xbox always goes to open to moderate after awhile

Fashion

• Administrators

Whats your physical setup exactly and how do you have the R1 connected using DMZ, modem or bridge mode to the upstream modem/router? Are you looking in the console network settings or the game for NAT status?

• Administrators

Have you made port forwarding rules or using UPnP? I'd recommend UPnP usually but if that doesn't work manually forward the ports you need. The Geo-Filter may also be causing a false reading so try disabling that first and see if it changes to open.

If your nat was open before and it sometimes changes to moderate, may i ask if there are other consoles or pc in your building playing the same game or using the same ports? If you use upnp and have secured nat under WAN and 2 consoles need the same ports what happens from my experience is that 1 of the consoles will end up with a moderate nat. I was able to solve this by setting NAT to open.

Try going to settings and WAN and set NAT to open first. If that does not work and you have upnp enabled already you might want to tell us how you set up your router is it connected to another router or a modem? Perhaps a modem/router combo?

• Administrators

What is your modem model? Does it have WiFi/is anything else connected to it rather than the R1? 

This guide may help explain what you need to do more clearly, still do provide answers to the questions above: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000076587-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-open-nat