ISP Router with Nighthawk Geo Filter interraction

I have a Verizon Fios Router (ISP). If I connect a LAN port from the ISP router to the WAN on the Nighthawk XR500, will the Geo Filter still work for Xbox if it’s connected to the XR50s SSID or hardwired via Ethernet? Or will I need to hook the XR50 up as the primary router and piggy back my ISP off it in reverse to get the geo filter to work?

• Administrators

ISP router > XR500 > Console

I would recommend you enable modem or bridge mode on the ISP router if possible. Otherwise put the WAN IP of the XR (found in System Information) into the DMZ on the ISP hub and disable the hub WiFi and connect ALL devices to the XR. This will ensure you don't encounter NAT issues and that the XR can control all devices properly.

40 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I would recommend you enable modem or bridge mode on the ISP router if possible. Otherwise put the WAN IP of the XR (found in System Information) into the DMZ on the ISP hub and disable the hub WiFi and connect ALL devices to the XR. This will ensure you don't encounter NAT issues and that the XR can control all devices properly.

THANK YOU

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Does DMZ leave my home network susceptible to hacks and stuff? I heard it’s not good to use. What exactly does the DMZ do?