Does Geofilter for Destiny 2 (XB1) work on the XR300

I keep seeing people having nothing but issues with the XR300 and Geofiltering for Destiny 2 on Xbox. But others say XR500 works flawlessly. I am looking to buy a router but would like to know if the Xr300 has been fixed 

Guest Killhippie
12 minutes ago, TheTrojan320 said:

I keep seeing people having nothing but issues with the XR300 and Geofiltering for Destiny 2 on Xbox. But others say XR500 works flawlessly. I am looking to buy a router but would like to know if the Xr300 has been fixed 

XR300 has a critical vulnerability that means your router can be taken over remotely which has not been patched yet, I would hold off till 3.0 is released whenever that will be. The 300 still has some issues, the XR500 I would say is the better router overall but hopefully 3.0 will sort all this out. So no nothings been patched yet.

https://kb.netgear.com/000061982/Security-Advisory-for-Multiple-Vulnerabilities-on-Some-Routers-Mobile-Routers-Modems-Gateways-and-Extenders

https://www.theregister.com/2020/06/19/netgear_bug_disclosure/

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There should be no difference between the routers for the game but we'll be doing more cloud updates very soon and the beta will also be coming soon so provides another opportunity for feedback.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There should be no difference between the routers for the game but we'll be doing more cloud updates very soon and the beta will also be coming soon so provides another opportunity for feedback.

I have heard and see many issues with the XR300 with geo filtering and Destiny 2.