Pingplotter shows XR500 dropping inbound and outbound packets?

I'm trying to find out why i can't maintain a connection to any online games anymore (I could as of last week), so I ran PingPlotter to get a view of what might be going on, and it looks like the hops on both sides of the xr500 are showing dropped packets.  Am I interpreting this correctly?

I'm noticing connectivity problems on a PC that's wired to the XR500 and on an Oculus Quest connected through the 5g wifi interface.  The PingPlotter graph is from my PC.

192.168.1.1 is the xr500
192.168.100.1 is the PoE device for my antenna that connects me to my isp
image.thumb.png.fe8bba58fa3120c5110d70c86dd64b37.png

QoS is disabled at this time, but I am seeing the same connectivity issues when it's configured with and without anti-buffer-bloat and bandwidth allocations.

image.thumb.png.ea2d69d960af85a3919f3edb7e8343f2.png

1 hour ago, awaxnova said:

I'm trying to find out why i can't maintain a connection to any online games anymore (I could as of last week), so I ran PingPlotter to get a view of what might be going on, and it looks like the hops on both sides of the xr500 are showing dropped packets.  Am I interpreting this correctly?

I'm noticing connectivity problems on a PC that's wired to the XR500 and on an Oculus Quest connected through the 5g wifi interface.  The PingPlotter graph is from my PC.

192.168.1.1 is the xr500
192.168.100.1 is the PoE device for my antenna that connects me to my isp
image.thumb.png.fe8bba58fa3120c5110d70c86dd64b37.png

QoS is disabled at this time, but I am seeing the same connectivity issues when it's configured with and without anti-buffer-bloat and bandwidth allocations.

image.thumb.png.ea2d69d960af85a3919f3edb7e8343f2.png

That’s a lot of devices for that much bandwidth.

I wish I could buy more bandwidth, but it's not available and it appears unrelated to this issue.

The Network Monitor plot shows that I'm not using anywhere near the bandwidth I have available,

so I shouldn't be seeing packets dropped on both sides of the xr500 due to saturating the link.

I'm not sure why PingPlotter is showing dropped packets around the XR500 at all... maybe someone can help explain why that's happening. 

50+% going from my pc to my xr500

and

50+% from the xr500 to my isp's device

are showing up in the PingPlotter as packets lost.

13 hours ago, awaxnova said:

I wish I could buy more bandwidth, but it's not available and it appears unrelated to this issue.

The Network Monitor plot shows that I'm not using anywhere near the bandwidth I have available,

so I shouldn't be seeing packets dropped on both sides of the xr500 due to saturating the link.

I'm not sure why PingPlotter is showing dropped packets around the XR500 at all... maybe someone can help explain why that's happening. 

50+% going from my pc to my xr500

and

50+% from the xr500 to my isp's device

are showing up in the PingPlotter as packets lost.

What is your xr500 connected to? ISP router? Or a modem? 

• Administrators

What was your target and did it appear to be the same for the other target results such as google? Replace the ethernet cable between your PC and XR and XR connecting to the ISP hub and see if there is a difference.