BT Fibre Setup - With Openreach VDSL Modem

1. Connect LAN Port 1 of the Openreach VDSL Modem to Port 1 of the Netduma R1.

2. Type 192.168.88.1 into your browser, go to settings > WAN

3. Enter your BT Broadband username & password.

If you do not have a BT username & password use the following.

Username; [email protected]

Password; BT

(Thanks to @Scythe for confirming the username & password work)

5. Click Apply

When I set mine up it took a minute or 2 after clicking apply for the connection to establish.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Netduma_Iain

Thanks Stuart for helping. I'm not sure I understand the problem, whats happening? What is saying WAN interface is not found? thanks :)

Thanks Stuart for helping. I'm not sure I understand the problem, whats happening? What is saying WAN interface is not found? thanks :)

Hi Iain,  Its saying interface wan not found whenim trying to confirm ppoe in wan settings but i also have no internet acces either im using a bt openreach modem with vdsl straight into the r1

Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi Glas,

Firstly thanks for purchasing the router. Sorry about this inconvenience. 

The duma is saying that? So just to be clear have you disabled everything on the "Settings > WAN" page except for PPPoE. Then in PPPoE put the username/password in. After doing that does it work mate?

Guest Netduma_Iain

The main page makes sense because you don't have Internet. Ok firstly please make sure its port 1 on the duma(it has PoE above it) connects to any other port on the openreach modem. Then try again please.

If that fails try disable pppoe and see if it works please.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Netduma_Iain

Hi bagsta,

Thanks for buying the R1 and welcome to the forums. Hope you have great time using it and feel free to post any questions or off topic stuff you want here :)

Archived