Warzone geofilter not filtering

Ggame

Hi, thank you for assistance on this as this game is very frustrating when lag is a factor.

i have noticed over last couple weeks that my ping has consistently gone from around 60-70 (occasionally 40) to more around consistently 100+ (occasionally 90). I started watching the map closely and noticed that the hosts are almost always outside of my west coast range, and are rarely connecting to dedicated servers at all. It is almost as if the range is intentionally searching outside of my settings.

my settings: Oregon based, 700 mile radius, strict, 30 ping assist, fast search.

i almost feel as if there is a standard setting that i have failed to turn on?

This is incredibly frustrating so any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Just an update to the OP. I tried disconnecting the xbox device and removing it from the geofilter. I then did a cloud flush and re-added the xbox and at this point the geofilter appears to be picking up NOTHING. 

i am headed the wrong direction here.

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Follow these steps please:

1. Hard turn off the Xbox
  2. Remove the Xbox from the Geo-Filter
  3. Flush the cloud
  4. Setup your Geo-Filter settings (put ping assist to 0 as this will likely resolve your first issue)
  5. Add the device back
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot console/game

Partial success. So i am seeing pings again which is great news, BUT each and every ping has a circle of dots around it and the first game i tried to jump into connected to a dedicated on the East Coast.

there is a dedicated server in WA but never seems to want to connect to it.  ping is set to Zero, and i am on strict and fast search.

The radius i have established  is around the Pacific Northwest and the host was well outside that range. It seems to completely ignore the dedicated server in Washington

Absolutely! I apologize that they are all jumbled together, but I took a picture of my settings followed by 4 games and the servers that I was connected to for each...thank you again for your review on these.

image4.jpeg.c4473601c6327c7b175485a452c67342.jpeg

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image5.jpeg

• Administrators

It's still trying to use Ping Assist for some reason. Could you hard turn off the console please and then delete the allow/deny entries you've made please? I'm wondering if maybe there are servers you need which have been blocked.

Okay.  Cold shut-down, deleted approve/deny contacts.  Booted up again.  Results:

Game 1  - connected to dedicated server in central California, JUST on the cusp of my radius

Game 2,3,4 - connected to peer server in Southern Illinois

Game 5 - connected to dedicated server in Norther Illinois

Game 6 - connected to dedicated server in North Texas

Game 7 - connected to peer server in Oklahoma.

All setting remained the same with 0 ping assist.  each server had dots around it when it displayed (I definitely did not allow/deny all of these).  Washington server continues to pop up (with dots around it) but is never chosen.

• Administrators

I just noticed you're using IE/Edge, could you use Chrome instead please as it's our best optimized browser for the interface. I'm thinking that the settings aren't saving properly on your browser. 

Okay. Downloaded chrome and repeated the steps you have at the top of the string. This time when i went to add back in a new device it threw me some warning about overlapping filters. However, it still let me add the device.

It is interesting that the filter i have set up is definitely favoring the Midwest area of the country (it choose another host in Oklahoma on my first attempt). 

Note: i repeated the steps again and this time did not receive the overlap warning. Still filtered to a peer

connection, this time around the great lakes. 

still seeing that all symbols have dots around them.

Okay. Progress day. I decide to bite the bullet and factory reset my router. I set everything back up with the filter and now everything outside of my radius has a triangle around it which looks correct.

The issue note is that nothing is picking up within my radius and search times keep going and going. I have hit peer connection twice but no dedicated servers at all. 

should i change any of the settings like string mode? Ping assist? Fast search? Spectating? I just find it very odd that no servers are in my region.

Hi Fraser, i think we are good to close this string as the combination of factory reset and expanding my radius a bit has kept me with west coast connections which has dropped my ping about 30-40 ms consistently.

Thank you for all your time on this!

Just to echo @Ggame - I had one of my best games playing Warzone Trios on PS4 w/ a Dedi server in Northern California with about a 68-70ms ping. It was 2,800 miles away/ with Strict mode disabled. I honestly think it's the luck of the draw sometimes.

• Administrators
On 6/7/2020 at 7:34 PM, Ggame said:

Hi Fraser, i think we are good to close this string as the combination of factory reset and expanding my radius a bit has kept me with west coast connections which has dropped my ping about 30-40 ms consistently.

Thank you for all your time on this!

Thanks a lot for the updates, really glad it's working now. As requested I'll close the topic. Feel free to open another if you have any more questions/issues and we'll be happy to help.