One Device, Multiple MAC Address

Hello. Recently bought the XR450 and I'm pretty impressed. One interesting issue has popped up.

I own a Nintendo switch. I have two "setups" for the switch, one downstairs and one upstairs, so I can easily grab and go between the two. The thing is, they both have separate LAN adapters, which is what shows up in the list of devices. This means that when distributing bandwidth, they are both listed. However, since I have only one Switch console, I will only ever be using one of these at a time. I would like to be able to set aside a decent amount of bandwidth for the switch, but splitting it between two devices in DumaOS, not to mention leaving some over for other devices, makes it harder to do.

My internet service is not high-bandwidth, I'm working with about 30mbps down/10 up at the moment, so making sure the distribution is correct is important.

Is there a way to mark both of these "separate" devices as a single device, or trick DumaOS into thinking that they are?

15 hours ago, Ender1241 said:

Hello. Recently bought the XR450 and I'm pretty impressed. One interesting issue has popped up.

I own a Nintendo switch. I have two "setups" for the switch, one downstairs and one upstairs, so I can easily grab and go between the two. The thing is, they both have separate LAN adapters, which is what shows up in the list of devices. This means that when distributing bandwidth, they are both listed. However, since I have only one Switch console, I will only ever be using one of these at a time. I would like to be able to set aside a decent amount of bandwidth for the switch, but splitting it between two devices in DumaOS, not to mention leaving some over for other devices, makes it harder to do.

My internet service is not high-bandwidth, I'm working with about 30mbps down/10 up at the moment, so making sure the distribution is correct is important.

Is there a way to mark both of these "separate" devices as a single device, or trick DumaOS into thinking that they are?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

There isn’t any way to make DumaOS see 2 separate devices as 1.

The best way to achieve what you want is to use Bandwidth Allocation. Set say 20% to each console and make sure share excess is ticked. This way each console will only use bandwidth when it needs it, any spare bandwidth will be shared amongst your other devices.

You can read more on Bandwidth Allocation here:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos