Geo filter not showing servers

Redv

Gday I recently purchased the xr500 router. I have completed the set up and know need help with the Geo filter not showing any servers. I have a wired connection from modem to xr500. The xr500 is then connected to Tp link Av600 extender by wired connection. The Tp link av600 extender is then plugged into the PlayStation 4 Pro by Ethernet all cables are Cat 6. The connection works fine but is not showing on the Geo filter. Thanks in advance for any help.

2 hours ago, Redv said:

Gday I recently purchased the xr500 router. I have completed the set up and know need help with the Geo filter not showing any servers. I have a wired connection from modem to xr500. The xr500 is then connected to Tp link Av600 extender by wired connection. The Tp link av600 extender is then plugged into the PlayStation 4 Pro by Ethernet all cables are Cat 6. The connection works fine but is not showing on the Geo filter. Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum,

Double check that you have the correct device added to the geofilter, match the IP address of the console itself with the IP address on Device Manager.

If you don’t have any luck can you provide us with a screenshot of your entire geofilter page please?

Hello, yes the ip address is the same. Not sure if it makes a difference but the tp link av600 shows on device manager as TL wpa4220 has the computer icon. I have attached photos. Cheers 

6437A6A1-F53E-44C7-867B-DDC6651898DD.jpeg

5C7864D9-C956-4548-9366-B3AFCD3488F4.jpeg

5956BA94-C31C-4E64-94BA-F2A59D5D9AEA.jpeg

Device manager showing the wrong name won’t cause an issue. You can change the name manually if you want to.

If you zoom the map out fully do you see icons?

On 5/24/2020 at 11:42 AM, Redv said:

Unfortunately it is still clear, no icons 

Ok, delete your console from the geofilter, fully shut down the console, reboot your XR500 then re-add the console to the geofilter and see if it shows icons then. 

Thank you for your help. I now have a square with a circle around it showing on the map and a body icon on the screen in Nsw Australia. Nothing else is showing on the world map is this correct. If I put the circle around the body icon is that the best outcome. Cheers 

8CBF2B34-2173-4B0C-BC23-3CB9E9D62A73.jpeg

7 hours ago, Redv said:

Thank you for your help. I now have a square with a circle around it showing on the map and a body icon on the screen in Nsw Australia. Nothing else is showing on the world map is this correct. If I put the circle around the body icon is that the best outcome. Cheers 

8CBF2B34-2173-4B0C-BC23-3CB9E9D62A73.jpeg

The server on the West Coast USA is a whitelisted server, either the game or the console need this server to authenticate, connecting to whitelisted servers is normal and they don’t effect gameplay as game servers are separate. You can tell a whitelisted server as it has a circle around it.

I would set your range to about 1000km and also use ping assist.

You can find out more about the geofilter and ping assist in these articles.

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077072-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-geo-filter

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000087579--dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-ping-assist