Grouping devices?

Is there an option to group devices or atleast put them in the right order? that way it would be much easier to handle with the bandwidth distribution?

8gp29x5.jpg

My current setup is consisting of XR500 (wifi off) for hardward devices only, and Orbi Mesh to handle all wifi connections at home.

However as you can see the photo above, XR500 (which is an advantage) showing all devices separately as if they were connected directly to the modem and in not order (eg. iPhone > Orbi > XR500)

But for my case, I hope there is an option where I can just handle the connected devices (directly to XR500), that way I can assign bandwidth accordingly for all wireless connection in one instant, and individually for wired devices.

• Administrators

By putting it through the mesh the mesh isn't assigning IP addresses to the devices which is why they're seen as though they're directly connected to the XR. The mesh here doesn't show as a device and would be very hard if not impossible to tell what was directly connected or behind the mesh. Manual groups could be something we could do, I'll add it to the list.

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

By putting it through the mesh the mesh isn't assigning IP addresses to the devices which is why they're seen as though they're directly connected to the XR. The mesh here doesn't show as a device and would be very hard if not impossible to tell what was directly connected or behind the mesh. Manual groups could be something we could do, I'll add it to the list.

Thanks for your respond, but I just want to point out in case it makes a difference that the mesh is actually showing as a device (RBR50 and RBS50).

The Mesh route consist of a router and satellite.  Mesh Satellite --wirelessly--> Mesh Router --Wired---> XR500