MW update 1.21 Nat Type Issues

CYN4PT1C

Ever since the game launched I've had my nat type Open with the XR500,yesterday update 1.21 changed my Nat Type from Open to Moderate,I have all the ports open,DMZ,uPnP etc enabled,basically touched nothing and it changed to Moderate,my Xbox still remains on an Open Nat Type,could the game be misreading nat types after the update?

• Administrators

I wouldn't use all those methods for the ports as it could cause conflicts, DMZ would be easiest to leave and remove the port rules. It sounds like you do have an open NAT, the Geo-Filter can cause misreadings so change it to Spectating Mode before you boot up the game. If it says open then it is a misreading and you can enable it again and ignore the moderate reading from then on.

Thanks for responding Fraser,honestly for months I never have any conflicts with that setup.

I always play with my Geo-filter set to Spectating mode because for me that's the only way I can get into matches faster in the middle east,I can get low ping matches with Filtering and strict enabled but that takes a bit of time.

So I removed the port forward rules and just left the XR500 in ISP modems DMZ and the game changed back to Open Nat and console Open Nat.

Thanks Fraser,anybody having port issues this is the fix.