Question anti bufferbloat

Hi,

i’m experiencing a lot of trouble while playing warzone recently so i figured out to change my netduma settings because i actually don’t know if it’s correctly set up so here a question:

So my modem is downstairs connected trough a powerline adaptor to upstairs with my ps4. So to fill in the speeds i searched on my ps4 in the settings what my down and upload speeds were and it was 23 down and 4 up. But is this the right way? 

I saw a video on youtube netduma settings and he had 100 upload?? Maybe i’m doing something wrong here?

• Administrators

I'm not sure I follow. How is the R1 connected in this setup? What speeds do you pay for? In my experience power line adapters can be spotty in terms of speed as they rely on the wiring in your walls to relay the signal.

The r1 is connected to my ISP modem and this setup to my powerline downstairs to upstairs my ps4 hope you understand it now thanks. And speeds i don’t know i need to ask my ISP, should i put that speeds in the antibufferbloat menu?

• Administrators

Understood thank you. I would do a wired speed test directly to the modem when nothing else is using the internet and whatever results you get back input that into the bandwidth settings. You're unlikely to get the full speeds using power line adapters.

Oke thanks i will do that. And i know but it isn’t an option to pull a cable from downstairs to upstairs since it isn’t my house unfortunately. But better than wifi right?