Certain games working

Hello I'm having trouble with one game I have my radius 500 miles and fortnite sits there at the beginning page and has the circle of death loading forever. Other games work.  I know other people with an XR500 like mine and they get right in. Is mine defective? Thanks

I changed it to 1000 miles no change. And 2 servers for fortnite are within that range if you Google it they are in Ohio and Virginia I am in PA. I don't have anything blocked. Tried a factory reset on XR500 and reset up. Trying today with a new Comcast modem and I will report back. I am switching to a xb6 Comcast modem from the old style today

This router making sure I am connected to the best server and taking longer to load in to the game doesn't make sense. If anything it would.be a quicker que you would think. Why I'm thinking maybe defect.

• Administrators

The way Fortnite works is that it only attempts a connection to the server once it is loading into that run-around pre game lobby and so that is the only chance the router has to block it. That's why it can take awhile to get the server you want as you'll have to wait then research. A quicker method that some people use is to switch to Spectating Mode, go into the game, look where the server is and if it isn't the one you want then quit and research.

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Kurse007 said:

Yes but why would the Comcast router allow me right in when both say I am connected to NA EAST server

So assuming using the Geo-Filter it puts you on NA East which is within your radius it will load you into the game slower than if you were connected to the ISP router?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Kurse007 said:

I'll have to try that. What does that do? Disable geofilter?

It doesn't filter any of the connections but still allows you to see where the servers are and monitor the ping etc to the server.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry. Should I have my Xfinity router in bridge mode while using the xr500

Hey fraser. So I tried spectating mode. It gets in the game quicker but immediately says no LAN cable connect and tried to reestablish

There also are a few triangles I can see. But not in my radius.

• Administrators

You could use Bridge mode or put the XR WAN IP in the Xfinity DMZ but you should definitely do one or the other to prevent NAT issues. That doesn't really make sense as it's not blocking anything at all, try the bridge/DMZ as it may be a port issue.

• 5 weeks later...