Call of duty modern warfare

Alix

Hi playing call of duty modern warfare in private match iam the host of the game we play in private matches and my connection is smooth.

But my friends game is laggy he was saying it was my connection at fault.

So I told him to be the host of the game when we where playing the games in private match my connection became laggy for me and his connection was smooth playing for him.

who's connection is at fault we are both in the UK about 10 mins drive away from each other

• Administrators

I think this is just a case of 'host advantage', otherwise you'd both lag in each scenario. Assuming you have an Open NAT, no local congestion then this isn't an issue that could be resolved in my opinion as the connection is optimal on your side.

Thanks for the reply do you think also because my friend is using his phone for Internet connection. That this will be causing him to lag. So when I join his game lobbies I will lag because of his connection too? 

Edited by Alix

Mine seems okay playing online it's my friends connection which I was on about with it been mobile connection I was wondering if his mobile phone signal is causing my problems when I join his game lobbies. Because my online gaming is smooth only laggy when I join him

Edited by Alix

Hi no he doesn't have proper Internet at the minute. What I thought was because his Internet is slow and mine is quick it's struggling to receive my game information causing him to lag. So if he host the game because of his Internet been slow its causing me to lag. Do you think this possible what's going on with the game