Add Valorant to geofilter

I just got my rx300 on May 12th and I was thinking the geo filter would work with The new game Valorant but it sadly doesn’t so I was hoping you guys could add it to the geo filter. I also tried fortnite on PC and it didn’t work either on the geo filter, but CS:GO worked 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I live in Florida and would love for you guys to help me optimize my connections within valorant. It seems like the only server I can get games on is in Las Angeles and I would really love Closer games to home. Please keep us updated. 

definitely either need a way to fast track my connection to LA or yo focus on a closer server 

• Administrators
21 minutes ago, pokemang0 said:

Hi I live in Florida and would love for you guys to help me optimize my connections within valorant. It seems like the only server I can get games on is in Las Angeles and I would really love Closer games to home. Please keep us updated. 

definitely either need a way to fast track my connection to LA or yo focus on a closer server 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We will be testing the game as soon as possible. Where abouts are you located and are you using QoS?

• Administrators

Ah, I can see why the ping would be high for you. Doing some digging and there should be about 4 server locations in the US but not entirely sure where they are. Apparently their aim was to allow everyone to have under 35ms so put your home location in the ocean and put 40ms for Ping Assist and see if you get a better server.

This is the map of riots servers , however some of them are only live for certain regions. Like the Miami server only serves South America.

all of my games get routed to las Angeles which is far away, I’m not sure what other options we can find. 

the program “outfox” has shown me the server and has improved ping some

CAE6DA38-70A0-45A5-BD74-CB0D9BE73BC9.jpeg

• Administrators

Okay so in that case, it appears that the LA Server is the only one available for you for some reason. It seems as though your default ISP routing is not great either which is why these programs have helped. That's not something we have implemented/could use without collaboration but I will suggest this to the team.

Thanks it would be awesome to find a way to make this better. The netduma team optimizes in ways gamers should have been able to for a while.

i have the nighthawk rx300 so I was unable to test your ping assist suggestion , is this feature coming to the 300 anytime?

• Administrators

Totally agree, especially with 3.0 this is something I feel as though we could do way better than ever before. I've made the case and suggested to the team. I'd recommend you sign up to the 3.0 beta if you haven't already as it should be available - I thought it was available already, it's not in Geo-Filter Map options?

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/16/2020 at 6:22 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah, I can see why the ping would be high for you. Doing some digging and there should be about 4 server locations in the US but not entirely sure where they are. Apparently their aim was to allow everyone to have under 35ms so put your home location in the ocean and put 40ms for Ping Assist and see if you get a better server.

@Netduma Fraser the nighthawk 300 does not have ping assist, but I would like to try your suggestion. Can you expedite my beta application for 3.0?

• 2 weeks later...

Has this been verified to be working yet?

I enabled geo-filtering for Unreal Engine (Valorant's engine) and didn't get any read-out from the Geo-Filter Dashboard while in-game.

• Administrators
8 hours ago, bz0r said:

Has this been verified to be working yet?

I enabled geo-filtering for Unreal Engine (Valorant's engine) and didn't get any read-out from the Geo-Filter Dashboard while in-game.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Nothing yet as far as I am aware but in the Device Manager switch your PC to a PlayStation or Xbox device type, then re-add the device to the Geo-Filter - it should add with the console service. Do you see anything on the map when gaming then?