Tp link setup

Hello i am trying to setup a TP link W9970 with my duma r1.I know how to access my routers logins and change stuff and to setup bridge mode however i am missing something as its says connected no internet? tried pppoe in the duma and disabled wifi and upnp on the TP link,do i need to put the duma's ip in the dmz on the Tp link.Also i am on a BT Eci cab is the W9970 a good modem choice?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would actually suggest you use the TP Link in router mode, have that handle PPPoE - so remove it from the R1. Then put the R1 WAN IP found in the Device Manager or System Information page and put that into the DMZ of the TP Link. Then also disable WiFi on the TP. Give the R1 a reboot and you should have a connection.

• Administrators

That indicates you're not even getting internet through the TP link, is that the case? Also just to clarify, your setup is ECI modem > TP Link > R1? I would also recommend while you're trying to get this working that you do it via a wired PC to start with.

TP link to Net duma wired its all setup and working now TP link now is in router mode.On B04 its says Moderate Nat type,do i need to manually input the ports on the Duma for open nat type.Thanks

• Administrators

So you've put the R1 WAN IP in the TP DMZ? It could be the Geo-Filter causing a misreading so double check by disabling this, if it goes to open then it's a misreading and you can enable it again and ignore the reading from then on. Do you have an Open NAT in the console network settings?