Hello i was wondering about Snr margin and line attention and what number would be ideal for a stable line.I have a net duma with the BT hub however i am considering purchasing a billion modem to use the feature Snr margin.On speedtest the max speeds i get are 68 download  and 19 upload,however the download often results at different speeds  rangeing from 10megs to 68 megs on repeated tests and the ping also spikes on speedtest from 11ms to 150.I do not care about internet speed all i care about is quality stable line and good latency for gaming 

Screenshot_20200511-105157.png

You are close to your cabinet and have the max attainable sync.

Normally 6db is the default  noise margin but as you are close you have 7bd because of more headroom.

It will just be the speedtests not being that accurate it could be you are using WiFi to run the tests (always use wired with nothing else using the network at the time), others on your line using bandwidth while you test or a little ISP congestion because of everyone being at home across the country.

I would be very happy with those stat's.

Guest Killhippie

Playing with SNR on VDSL can cause issues with the DLM, if you have a Huawei cab and a stable line it may reduce your SNR to 3db I would get a Broadcom modem if that is your cab make, you can tell by the design plenty of pis online of ECI vs Huawei (ECI uses lantiq chipset) So either a Vigor 130 if on ECI or a Broadcom Zyzel do great routers that you can bridge, and support G.inp. All this is dependant of on your cab. Dont change the SNR as if your line is seen as unstable you could get banded and that hard to get removed. I would more than happy with your Stats tbh myself.

He has max attainable. So doing the above would not help in this case KH but good for people on longer lines.

Lowering the SNR will not increase the bandwidth in Damien uk's case . He has SNR headroom as Damein is close to his cabinet and that is why I did not suggest a thing as it's perfect as is.😁