advice on ping plotter results

Acebri

my connection has been bad the last few weeks and I am trying to fix this problem . I ran ping plotter with no saturation and again with saturation . my sliders are set at 70 / 70 and these are my results .

I am wondering if they are ok or if I have anissue with my netduma settings or something else .

ping plotter saturated.png

ping plotter non saturated.png

My ISP is bt . Connected bt home hub to netduma r1 

Please provide details on  your ISP and setup.   

I have Spectrum cable internet.  There have been tons of issues since the stay-at-home orders.   I run ping plotter on a random basis to monitor my connection.  It has been 4 times as bad since the Coronavirus.  At times, I cannot even get the full bandwidth during speed tests.  I spent a lot of time trying to troubleshoot my network.   I then contacted Spectrum because the problem seemed to be outside my house.  Spectrum acknowledged that my neighborhood network is over tasked.  They are installing some upgrades on the infrastructure to help.  

You could be experiencing similar issues with your ISP.  

The top picture is saturated and the bottom is with no saturation.  The test was done wired . I have not done a comparison yet as I am looking for advice if there is any problems 

• Administrators

Are other devices connected to the hub at all? It's weird that it essentially kept the ping the same but packet loss was introduced. Was your PC in Traffic Prio at all by any chance?

I had 4 devices connected to the netduma,  my pc and xbox one both hardwired , and the other two was mobiles wifi . When I saturated my internet I had a game downloading on my xbox and two youtube videos playing on my pc . 

The tests above were done via the original r1 firmware today . I downgraded from dumaos today to give this a try 

• Administrators

Right okay, probably the Xbox got caught by ping assist there which superceded Anti-Bufferbloat. Turn the console off fully and do a download on the PC and redo it please, do you get similar results?

11 hours ago, Acebri said:

the first picture is non saturated pc on1556716280_nonsaturatednew.thumb.png.a39aa84e724cff7f5f4e1683ae8d610d.png only 

the second picture is saturated , downloading 1 steam game and playing two youtube videos . pc on only wired , sliders set at 70/701659820751_newsaturated.thumb.png.59d71c4a2d93f3576d9569f5153c9126.png

• Administrators

Could you untick DumaOS Classified Games/remove any manual rules from traffic prio please and try again? If that doesn't clean it up then I think you'll need to change your percentages to find ones that eliminate that packet loss completely. Don't forget to try higher than 70% as well.

I am not using dumaos, I am using the original firmware . I have Xbox one in the hyper lane and my sliders set 70/70 preemptive ticked, no manual rules 

I factory reset the netduma ran the same tests as I did yesterday .  downloading a game from steam playing two youtube videos , pc on only , sliders set to 70/70 , factory reset netduma r1 770018214_newsaturatedfactoryreset.thumb.png.85b3f5be725cc0398f6f73a9422c8e49.png

this is my results before factory resetting the netduma, same test with downloads sliders set at 70/70  , pc on only 765884859_pingplottersaturated.thumb.png.65dbbffb55f9523d00461ba38817b730.png

I had not touched the netduma settings and had noticed that my connection has been bad for the last month or so . my netduma is less than four months old , my guess is that I shouldn't be having to factory reset my netduma to resolve this issue ? I did not turn my bthome hub off and have not touched any settings on my bt hub . 

I have made a post a few weeks ago about my wifi cutting of on all wifi electricals , but all electricals connectecd via wired are fine . I am still having this problem atleast 3+ times a week and the only way to fix this problem was by turning off the netduma . I have tried turning wifi off rebooting the netduma and turning wifi on again and rebooting netduma , still this problem persists . is my netduma faulty ?

I purchased a netduma r1 in 2015 and had no problems with that one , unfortunately lost it when moving house . now since buying another one on 17/01/2020 I have had problems with the wifi issue and now the netduma causing packet loss.

• Administrators

That's really weird as the hops are better and that's not to do with the router so I'm a bit confused how that has happened. I think it's definitely worth continuing to monitor that to see if it degrades again with the same settings. Do you get the WiFi issues on both DumaOS and the Original Firmware? Reinstall the current firmware you're using and then do a factory reset, to ensure no corruption has occurred. If it happens again then I think a replacement may be needed.

I have been using the original firmware the last 2 weeks the wifi drop is happening on the original firmware , and has been doing it on dumaos as I made another thread about the issue . Factory reset the netduma this morning reinstalled the dumaos , fixed the packet loss , half an hour later I went to search the internet on my phone and got internet is not available , all wifi connections would not work until I rebooted the duma 

• Administrators
13 minutes ago, Acebri said:

I have been using the original firmware the last 2 weeks the wifi drop is happening on the original firmware , and has been doing it on dumaos as I made another thread about the issue . Factory reset the netduma this morning reinstalled the dumaos , fixed the packet loss , half an hour later I went to search the internet on my phone and got internet is not available , all wifi connections would not work until I rebooted the duma 

In that case could you email [email protected] please with a link to this topic as I think you will need a replacement as it definitely shouldn't be going downhill that quickly.

How  long should I be expecting an email back from netduma ? I messaged last thursday with no reply back from netduma. 

Edit -  my email has been answered today