DumaOS not loaded yet message, no wifi, can connect wired

I have an XR700. My router home page partially loaded this morning and then I got the eventual R-app not ready message. After a refresh I continue to get "DumaOS not loaded yet!" in my browser. I've tried multiple computers and browsers, same error. My wifi is no longer working or broadcasting. I've rebooted multiple times and have confirmed that the little wifi broadcast LED is lit. The interesting thing is that I can access the router via the Netgear Genie app on my PC over a wired connection, and I can make changes and see the wifi settings. Is there anything I can do to fix this other than a factory reset? I really don't want to lose the hours I've spent customizing the network map names and all the other setups I've done over the past year. I'm running firmware 1.0.1.20.

Thanks

• Administrators

First access the interface using this link: http://routerlogin.net/adv_index.htm that will allow you on to the settings part of the interface, then upgrade to this firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000061714/XR700-Firmware-Version-1-0-1-24-Hot-Fix once upgraded perform a factory reset and your issues should be resolved.

Thanks. I updated the firmware which gave me a long list of HTML errors, which I've attached. I then had to go through a ton of trial and error of rebooting and resetting firmware before I was able to reconnect. I've confirmed that I'm now at 1.0.1.24. I went through the configuration wizard and re-set up my wifi and then.. . "DumaOS not loaded yet!"  - Same behavior, I can connect with Netgear Genie and still get to the internet, but my wifi SSIDs aren't showing up. I've since resurrected an old router from the closet... Should I see if I can initiate a warranty return at this point?

xr700_update_error.txt

• Administrators

Where did you get those errors from? - The log file or the console output on inspect element? What web browser/device are you using to access? Could you provide a screenshot of what you're seeing on the interface please?

Those errors were in the results when I chose upload firmware. It was the default Firefox page, no inspector or anything.

I'm accessing the router login screen from my Windows 10 PC running Chrome and Firefox. I'm also getting the same error on a different Windows 10 NUC machine running Firefox and Edge Chromium. I'm not sure what you mean about the screenshot - What interface are you referring to?

• Administrators

When you access the router interface can you provide a screenshot of what you see please when those errors appear if possible. For WiFi go to Settings > Advanced > Advanced Wireless Settings, disable both the WiFi radios, apply, reboot then go back, enable both, apply then reboot and see if that resolves the WiFi issue.

Hi,

I only got that error the one time I updated the firmware. I have not seen it since.

I have tried disabling and re-enabling the radios with no success. I've also tried changing the SSID's of the networks and enabling/disabling the guest network. No luck. The LEDs on the unit all seem to be working normally.

I've had to do this all through the adv_index.htm because I'm still getting the "DumaOS not loaded yet!" error via the normal interface.

• Administrators

Could you do the following please:

• Let me know your exact physical setup
  • Let me know how the XR is plugged into power
  • Provide a screenshot of Wireless settings (you can obscure SSID/password)
  • Provide a screenshot Advanced Wireless settings
  • Provide a screenshot of the R-app not loading message
  • Does R-App not loading appear on the interface as a whole - i.e. you have no pages to click or is it on specific pages?
    - If the latter can you access System Information?

• Sitting on a desk, with one cat5a cable going to the cable modem, and the other going to my network switch. Since the router isn't working I currently have one cat5a cable going directly to my NUC PC and nothing on the WAN port.
  • Plugged into a Tripp-Lite power strip which is connected to an APC UPS
  • Wireless settings attached - please note that this is after a fresh factory reset so very little has been changed
  • I don't have an R-app not loading message; I only get that when the DumaOS loads correctly. Attached "DumaOS Not loaded!!" screenshot
  • See screenshot. I currently just have a white screen.

xr700_adv_wireless.PNG

xr700_wireless_2.PNG

xr700_wireless_1.PNG

netduma_home1.PNG

• Administrators

Could you connect the router to the internet please in case it's making calls to the internet which are not being sent and causing the R-App issue. Is it a managed or dumb switch? I know you've done a factory reset previously but did you do this from the interface or using the button?

I've reconnected the router to the internet and plugged my Windows 10 NUC directly into it, bypassing my home switch (It's a Cisco managed switch). I can get to the internet over the wire but am still getting the "DumaOS Not Loaded yet!" error, and the wireless networks are not showing up. All the LEDs on the front and antenna look good - White light on the wifi button and red lights on the antennae.

I factory reset it via the button. I can't find any way to reset it via the adv_index interface.

• Administrators

Thanks for the information. Lets try resetting via the interface in case it isn't working properly using the button. Go to Administration > Backup Settings and then click erase. 

I reset via the admin page and had to power cycle before I could reconnect (I could renew my IP and ping but not browse to the IP or routerlogin.net). Same result - DumaOS not loading and no wifi. I did notice that even though the radios were enabled in the interface, and the far right lights were lit up, the lights for 2.4ghz and 5ghz were not. See attached pic. I don't have a 60ghz adapter to test the 802.11ac network.

EDIT - one clarification - I reset and after a powercycle, I went through the wizard and re-set everything up.

2020-05-06_14_09_45.jpg

• Administrators

Okay right, one last hail mary before I think we can chalk this up to a faulty router and suggesting you pursue a replacement. 

Use the .24 firmware I linked you before and then use this guide to install the firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000059634/How-to-upload-firmware-to-a-NETGEAR-router-using-Windows-TFTP this will allow you to install the firmware boots up properly - thereby bypassing any possible corruption of resets/settings etc. It will be a total refresh of the firmware. If it doesn't work after this then it is almost certainly faulty.