Xbox live party.

kennyp

Hi.

For whatever reason, I can't join xbox live parties. When I join I get "connecting". It also throws other people out. It's really frustrating. I've now reset duma to factory settings and issue is still happening. Any pointers would be great as this issue is increasingly irritating

IMG_20200501_220810.jpg

• Administrators

Are you using the Geo-Filter? If so you will need to add them to the allow list before you are able to connect with them. To double check this is the case disable the Geo-Filter and it should work as it is no longer restricting, if so re-enable and add.

Hi Frazer

Iniitally I was using it and adding people via the "Spectate" mode. The issue still persisted so I did a factory reboot. Same issue occurs without Geo-Filtering Set up. Also, not everyone shows up in my map in Spectating mode. Co-Incidentally, if I connect direct to my direct to my VM router, it works fine. Only when putting VM router into "modem mode" and using the Duma as main this happens.

• Administrators

Just to clarify, if your VM Hub is in router mode with R1 in the DMZ then this isn't a problem at all? If that is the case then I don't think modem mode is working correctly as without using the Geo-Filter it wouldn't be restricting your ability to connect to others.

Sorry Frazer. I bypass the Netduma altogether. I've not thought about using it in DMZ mode.

Also, is there any reason why not everyone shows up in the Geo filter page?

• Administrators

Try it in router mode with DMZ and see if that makes any difference at all. Are you completely zoomed out on the map? It might be that some are connecting through a server to you, in which case you wouldn't see them on the map, just the server.