Max Idle setting?

arky_4

Hi, I purchased this the other day and setup on Monday 27th April.

i have upgraded to the dumaos as suggested.

i'm having an issue with my internet disconnecting and my ISP have said i should look for a max ideal setting or keep alive setting to set to 0

I can't find this and its making working from home hard work.

Is the setting somewhere?

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

There isn't a setting like that and those settings shouldn't be on anything that would cause a disconnection in the background. When you say disconnects is it all devices that are losing connection? When it happens are you still able to access the interface? If so when it occurs go to System Information, is there a WAN IP? That will help us narrow down where the issue lies.

Hi Fraser,

Ive responded on email as id written out a fair bit and then it wouldn't reply.

copying seems to pull an image so went with email instead.

If you could get back to me asap that would be great.

• Administrators

No worries, I've pasted it here so we can continue: 

My ISP told me these are user requests from the router to them to disconnect.

This is happening quite a lot throughout the day and unfortunately I can't do my job correctly.

This is what my ISP has said:

"All routers should have this (max idle time) If we set the max idle time to 0, it will remain connected to us all the time and not disconnect."

"You are looking for a setting called idle time out or keep-alive. From looking at google, DumaOS seems to be open source and lacking quite a few basic features. I can't seem to find any reference of this setting."

"So whats happening, your router is idle for 5-10 seconds, then sending a user-request to disconnect from our network and then re-connects when it needs to."

I'm afraid I might need to return this as I need to get one that works with this ISP and asap. 

-

This is the first I've heard of our router doing this so I may need to check in with our dev team if we're unable to resolve this. I can only think that this may happen if the R1 is getting the WAN information from the ISP hub and so keeps checking in. What I would suggest is in Settings > WAN > Network switch to static and enter in the necessary information, hopefully this will sustain the connection.

• Administrators

Ah you're using PPPoE? In which case you might be better off with an XR500 as you're able to set PPPoE to 'Always Connect/On' which should resolve the issue. There are no settings currently on the R1 that can do this. If you email [email protected] requesting to return then the team will be able to sort you out.

• Administrators
4 hours ago, arky_4 said:

@Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex is someone able to confirm the return address?

You can see the return details here: https://netduma.com/terms/

Do make sure you email us if you haven't already in order to start the return process. Especially due to COVID we may not be able to accept the return to the office address so may need to send to an alternative address. The guys on email will let you know what to do.

Thanks @Netduma Fraser Alex had said the below in last email conversation.

Thats the last i've heard. Can I just send it back to that address now or do I need anything else?

Since you ordered recently, we will accept a return of the item if you cannot get it to work.

All the best,
Alex at Netduma

• Administrators
4 hours ago, arky_4 said:

Thanks @Netduma Fraser Alex had said the below in last email conversation.

Thats the last i've heard. Can I just send it back to that address now or do I need anything else?

Since you ordered recently, we will accept a return of the item if you cannot get it to work.

All the best,
Alex at Netduma

Prepare the router for return and just email to clarify you can send it to the office address but I would assume so as it wasn't mentioned, if you do decide to send it make sure you follow the procedure on the link e.g. including your order number with the return.

Hi @Netduma Fraser I have emailed to clarifty the address to send but waiting for that.

Any chance you could give whoever a nudge as i'm keen to send it back ASAP.

I don't want to go over the 14 day which is mentioned on that page.

Thanks

Hi @Netduma Fraser,

Apologies for pressing but do you think you can find out the answer for me as nobody appears to be replying to my email.

I posted this a week ago so don't know why its taking so long to answer. I have since purchased an RX500 so would like to return this as its not fit for purpose.

Hi, Fraser has directed me to the return address on the site https://netduma.com/terms/

Is it okay send to this address as Fraser thought might be a problem what with COVID going on.

Netduma Limited
Sheraton House (303)
Castle Park
Cambridge
United Kingdom

If theres an alternative address could you give me that please?

Thanks

• Administrators

@arky_4 has informed me he has received a response now.

Glad to hear you're still on Team Duma with the XR500! As this has been resolved I'll close the topic, if you have any questions or issues regarding the XR500 feel free to make another topic and we'll be happy to help.