Jump to content

Netduma r1 upgrading from debug version 103.3


Adz
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi i have the netduma r1 router and it is running 103.3. Id like to upgrade to latest firmware.

I read the guide that says i could break my router if trying to upgrade from lower than version 103.6. 

I followed the guide to prepare my router for the upgrade (putting router in dmz, enabling upnp, havin no port forwards active) and when i check the 7777 port it says closed! 

My set up is .. tplink/archer vr600 modem/router > netduma r1. My tplink has no bridge mode/modem only setting so my netduma is in the tplinks dmz with static address. 

Id really like to upgrade my netduma r1 so ALL help is welcome here 

..thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Adz said:

Hi i have the netduma r1 router and it is running 103.3. Id like to upgrade to latest firmware.

I read the guide that says i could break my router if trying to upgrade from lower than version 103.6. 

I followed the guide to prepare my router for the upgrade (putting router in dmz, enabling upnp, havin no port forwards active) and when i check the 7777 port it says closed! 

My set up is .. tplink/archer vr600 modem/router > netduma r1. My tplink has no bridge mode/modem only setting so my netduma is in the tplinks dmz with static address. 

Id really like to upgrade my netduma r1 so ALL help is welcome here 

..thanks!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

You mentioned that you put the Netduma in the TPlink DMZ with a static address, have you given the Netduma a static IP address on the TPlink and then put that address into DMZ? It should be the WAN IP address from the Netduma Device Manager page that goes into the tplink DMZ.

 

 

3BFD63D4-8BC2-4C8C-8973-F66F6AF902A8.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes i used the correct wan of the netduma. Should i take it off the static list? Would that make any difference? Its still the same ip, i didnt change it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Adz said:

Yes i used the correct wan of the netduma. Should i take it off the static list? Would that make any difference? Its still the same ip, i didnt change it.

It shouldn’t make any difference to be honest, you could always remove the R1 from the address reservation and try again just in case there’s something weird going on.

If that doesn’t work, does your tplink have a firewall setting somewhere that you could disable? I’m not familiar with that modem/router so I’m just guessing here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Adz said:

Tested it. still closed !

7777
closed

Scan Network Ports

Ok, the only other thing I could suggest is,

Factory reset the R1 by going to Settings > Miscellaneous > Factory Reset

Double check all settings from this list again

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000085789-how-to-upgrade-your-r1-from-version-1-03-5m-or-lower

If that doesn’t work then it will have to wait for someone from Netduma to reply, as it’s the weekend that might not be until Monday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Remote support is enabled and upnp is off on the tplink. Not using any port forwards on either router.

Should i enable upnp on tp link?

Enabled upnp on tplink and still closed 🤔

Is it best to keep upnp on on both routers or just on  the r1 btw??

Also thank you guys for helping on a saturday

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Keep UPnP off on the TP link as all devices should be connected to the R1. It's possible that the ISP is blocking that port as there should be no other reason why it's not open, is it possible to give them a ring and ask?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

Might be the DMZ isn't working correctly so remove it from that and try port forwarding 1-65535 TCP/UDP to the R1 WAN IP instead. If that doesn't work then try the EE router instead and replicate the DMZ on there or put into bridge or modem mode if possible.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So ive tried my ee router again it has no bridge mode so used dmz ..closed ,then tried opening the ports instead of dmz ..also closed! 

Any body .. any clues ??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
10 minutes ago, Adz said:

So ive tried my ee router again it has no bridge mode so used dmz ..closed ,then tried opening the ports instead of dmz ..also closed! 

Any body .. any clues ??

Could you explain your exact physical setup and how the settings are done and what settings combinations you have tried so far please? Then we can try to see what options may be left.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tp link > netduma r1 

Tried guide settings.. being netduma in dmz, upnp ticked, remote support ticked. Tried everything suggested in thread. Isp dont block ports.

EE router > netduma r1

Tried guide settings then took netduma out of dmz and tried to forward ports 1-65535. All settings still set as guide states they should  be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...