Vpn???

So i notice if using a vpn the gm runs better, seems as if im not constantly a step behind do to my top notch connection.  The question i have is i consistently get lag spikes while no matter what nord server im on.  I use all the local servers and even though im getting decent speed test results im still getting these spikes.  Any things to correct this?  

• Administrators

It's hard because the VPN adds extra hops to the server so if those extra hops have issues then there isn't anything you can do. I assume you've done all the usual QoS settings, playing wired etc so I won't say to do that. I would try selecting a different server that is slightly further away but still close by so for example if you were in the UK then choose France. Somewhere that wouldn't add too much ping but far enough to test if it performs better. 

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's hard because the VPN adds extra hops to the server so if those extra hops have issues then there isn't anything you can do. I assume you've done all the usual QoS settings, playing wired etc so I won't say to do that. I would try selecting a different server that is slightly further away but still close by so for example if you were in the UK then choose France. Somewhere that wouldn't add too much ping but far enough to test if it performs better. 

Ya its pretty crazy, i use servers within 10 miles of me and still getting these hit markers