Change DumaOS settings outside Web Interface

Emily Bjartskular

I'm currently looking into making IoT devices for specific settings, such as a remote for the router LED's. Because of this I'm trying to find a way to change settings on the router outside of using the web interface. I don't know a lot about networking stuff, so currently I'm just looking into the http requests and debugging the web interface code.

Has anyone here had any success (or even tried?) changing settings on their DumaOS router outside the web interface?

I know I could probably run Selenium headless on a raspberry pie, but I'd prefer to use a more direct approach.

If anyone has any ideas / tips I'm interested.

And if a staff reads this, are there any plans in the pipeline regarding making an official API for DumaOS?

• 2 months later...

I have tried some of the rpc requests over just a standard curl and they seem to work.

Except somehow when I try to use that exact same command inside IOS's Network Request Shortcut, I keep getting Auth Required. 

I think this issue is caused by the IOS shortcut / automation workflow system... All I want to do at this stage is say... "Hi Siri Enable Guest WiFI / VPN" etc... If I get any of this working, I'll post on here, as I believe the same solution can potentially be used for other purposes too, short of that... it does seem that you could just inspect & use the network requests.

2020-06-29 at 10.06.png

2020-06-29 at 10.10.png

• Administrators
3 hours ago, el1t3st said:

I have tried some of the rpc requests over just a standard curl and they seem to work.

Except somehow when I try to use that exact same command inside IOS's Network Request Shortcut, I keep getting Auth Required. 

I think this issue is caused by the IOS shortcut / automation workflow system... All I want to do at this stage is say... "Hi Siri Enable Guest WiFI / VPN" etc... If I get any of this working, I'll post on here, as I believe the same solution can potentially be used for other purposes too, short of that... it does seem that you could just inspect & use the network requests.

I think this might be that it's blocking you from making changes as you haven't signed into the router similar to how you couldn't access a network drive without proper credentials. If you find a way to do that then it'll probably work.