Help setting up xr500

Hello

I have plugged XR500 into BT home hub, but getting double nat issues, some questions, do i need to put the home hub or BT in DMZ mode?

Do i enable DHCP server on the netduma?

Is there anything else i need to do also ?

• Administrators

You will need to put the XR500 WAN IP (found in System Information) into the BT Hub DMZ in order to resolve the double NAT. DHCP is enabled by default, do not disable this as it will result in your devices being unable to connect to the router without assigning them each a static IP. I would recommend taking a look at our optimals settings guides and then if you have any further questions we'll be happy to help: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

57 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You will need to put the XR500 WAN IP (found in System Information) into the BT Hub DMZ in order to resolve the double NAT. DHCP is enabled by default, do not disable this as it will result in your devices being unable to connect to the router without assigning them each a static IP. I would recommend taking a look at our optimals settings guides and then if you have any further questions we'll be happy to help: http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/folders/16000090646

Thanks Fraser, i will try to help him now, whilst we are here, can i ask about something different, i am on PC now and play fortnite, when i set the distance i want to play (Uk) it usually fails to put me into a game, am i better off just setting a ping limit and doing it that way ? ive just been gaming using the QOS with priority to PC as of now

• Administrators
54 minutes ago, funnellboi said:

Thanks Fraser, i will try to help him now, whilst we are here, can i ask about something different, i am on PC now and play fortnite, when i set the distance i want to play (Uk) it usually fails to put me into a game, am i better off just setting a ping limit and doing it that way ? ive just been gaming using the QOS with priority to PC as of now

You're welcome! The way that Fortnite works is that it will only attempt to connect to the server once you're actually loading into a game so if it blocks a server you'll face a wait before it kicks you back to the lobby. Most people use Spectating Mode for Fortnite and watch the Geo-Filter to see what server they are put on, if it's a bad one they'll leave and research etc until they get the one they want - this can often be faster than waiting to be booted each time.