XR500 with X6S in WAP mode

Hi All, 

I had a quick question in reference to my current setup.   I have a Netgear XR500 router setup as my main router.   

I also have a Netgear X6S Extender hard wired to the XR500 and configured in WAP mode.  They are both setup with same SSID,  encryption and password. 

My problem is that when I go into Device manager on the XR500, all the devices that are connected to X6S Extender, appear as offline.  Is there anyway to configure the devices so that anything connected to the X6S appear connected to it? And not shown as offline in Device Manager?    Is it because the X6S isn't a DumoOS device?  

Anyone else experience this issue? 

Thanks in advance. 

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I think because they're connected to the extender their online status can't be determined as easily, we did have this issue awhile a go but I thought we fixed this. Are you on the latest firmware .56? It would be something we'll need to fix.

I’ve had the same setup recently but I’ve got 2 EX8000 extenders. One in AP and the other as extender and the 500 can’t handle what’s behind it and it confuses the hell out of the 500 at times. 

My buddy claims as a repeater it worked and you were able to see devices connected to the 8000.   Strange.  I may try it as a test,   but I'd still rather use it in AP mode hard wired to main router.  

You can see what’s connected to the ex8000 on Duma and on the extender UI. It tends to get messy though as wireless devices when roaming stay attached to either router or extender which is not unique to the XR as my router that I’m using hangs on to them too.

The problem is once they are connected to the Extender they show as "Offline". If they hung onto one device or the other that wouldn't be as bad.   I never see anything in device manager connected to the 8000.

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Mangar said:

The problem is once they are connected to the Extender they show as "Offline". If they hung onto one device or the other that wouldn't be as bad.   I never see anything in device manager connected to the 8000.

If they're showing as offline on the extender that may be the issue as when we fixed it and it was working they showed online on the interface for the extender, perhaps reach out to NG about that specific part as I've not used that for a long time. I'll still press it from our end.

They are showing offline off the router.  No devices ever show connected or disconnected to the 8000.  

Funny thing is on the EX8000 you see all the devices connected to it as well as devices connected to the LAN and XR500.